GP on Nipples...I mean Whipples!!!!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Hank

Youd need just a tune and a BAP to be safe at 14-15psi. You could see anywhere from 540-570rwhp at 15psi, it all depends on the tune. And the install is easy. Very straightforward....took me and Cliff only 90minutes to install my Ported Blower :)

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
I'm really considering doing it, but based on estimates, I dunno, looks to be pricey when all is said and done, by my estimation it should total around $4,500 for the S/C + injectors + FP + Tuning + Dyno Time

and that's not including Breaking stuff :D

so I dunno :dunno:

Someone try and convince me:alcoholic

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Cobra_Jack said:
I'm really considering doing it, but based on estimates, I dunno, looks to be pricey when all is said and done, by my estimation it should total around $4,500 for the S/C + injectors + FP + Tuning + Dyno Time

and that's not including Breaking stuff :D

so I dunno :dunno:

Someone try and convince me:alcoholic

Let me see what I think I'm looking at:

Whipple - $2,800 (1 pulley included)
2nd pulley - $50 ?
Tensioner - $100
Belt - $50
Injectors - $500
MAF Extender - $100
Fuel Pumps - $200 (Maybe Dan will help me here and I'll save labor)
Tune - $100 (if RWTD has a Whipple Tune, maybe less $)
Dyno - $100 (depending on # of pulls)

TOTAL - $4,000

However :idea:, I figure I could sell my Eaton for $600, my injectors for $100, my Billetflow interchangeable pullies for $150 (2 pullies), my Idler for $75. I might also get something for the stock MAF and Stock Fuel Pumps. I figure I'm looking at a little over $3,000.

If I can do the whole thing for a $3,500 investment I'd be happy, especially if I get 75 rwhp and 50+ ft lb more torque. :headbang:

Jack

Admin
Staff member
Admin
TCG Premium
Dec 31, 1969
Here's what you're missing:

Whipple - $2,875
Shipping - $75
2nd pulley - $50 ?
Tensioner - $100
Belt - $50
Injectors - $500
MAF Extender - $100
Fuel Pumps - $200
Chip + Tune + Dyno = ~$500
--------------------------------------
Total = $4,450

and while you may be willing to sell your stock parts now... what happens when you go to sell the car or worse yet, trade it in... You'll loose 90% of the $$ invested in your mods.

I'd rather keep the stock parts, and return to stock when I trade or sell the Cobra...

Then I can sell the mods seperately... IMO a better way to go and more $$$ returned

gnxs said:
Let me see what I think I'm looking at:

Whipple - $2,800 (1 pulley included)
2nd pulley - $50 ?
Tensioner - $100
Belt - $50
Injectors - $500
MAF Extender - $100
Fuel Pumps - $200 (Maybe Dan will help me here and I'll save labor)
Tune - $100 (if RWTD has a Whipple Tune, maybe less $)
Dyno - $100 (depending on # of pulls)

TOTAL - $4,000

However :idea:, I figure I could sell my Eaton for $600, my injectors for $100, my Billetflow interchangeable pullies for $150 (2 pullies), my Idler for $75. I might also get something for the stock MAF and Stock Fuel Pumps. I figure I'm looking at a little over $3,000.

If I can do the whole thing for a $3,500 investment I'd be happy, especially if I get 75 rwhp and 50+ ft lb more torque. :headbang:

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
Cobra_Jack said:
Here's what you're missing:

Whipple - $2,875
Shipping - $75
2nd pulley - $50 ?
Tensioner - $100
Belt - $50
Injectors - $500
MAF Extender - $100
Fuel Pumps - $200
Chip + Tune + Dyno = ~$500
--------------------------------------
Total = $4,450

and while you may be willing to sell your stock parts now... what happens when you go to sell the car or worse yet, trade it in... You'll loose 90% of the $$ invested in your mods.

I'd rather keep the stock parts, and return to stock when I trade or sell the Cobra...

Then I can sell the mods seperately... IMO a better way to go and more $$$ returned

- The Whipple GP on ModFords is now down to $2,700, the shipping is $50 (free if you pay by check/MO).
- I can get the tuning/dyno for much less than you said (already have a predator, just need a Whipple tune to start out with)
- I tend to keep cars a long time and resale value is never a consideration for me (16,000 miles on my car in less than 9 months). Obviously, anybody keeping the stock parts will pay more out of pocket.

I was also conservative in some of my prices and may be able to find the stuff on SVT or other places. I'm sticking with my $3,500 or less estimate (for me that is).

Wharf Rat

The other Hank
Mar 1, 2004
hj16 said:
Hank

Youd need just a tune and a BAP to be safe at 14-15psi. You could see anywhere from 540-570rwhp at 15psi, it all depends on the tune. And the install is easy. Very straightforward....took me and Cliff only 90minutes to install my Ported Blower :)

Still tempting but getting pricey to do it right.

Call me crazy but for that much coin I think I'd rather have a solid and a pullied Eaton. 450 HP w/ 4:10s and a built solid axle or 550 HP & stock IRS???

Dana

Bluesmobile
Mar 2, 2004
Keep in mind that this can be done in stages too.
You don't have to jump in with all the parts at once.

The stock fuel system is good for about 525 HP, so anything below that with a decent tune should be ok.

The other parts (fuel pumps, injectors, etc.) can be added later, when you decide to up the HP.

Also, those that have the BilletFlow idlers can continue to use them, from what I understand, although the Whipple piece may be better in some respects, I don't know. I have yet to see the Whipple piece.

Keep in mind that the HP potential is far in excess of the basic numbers mentioned above and the Whipple cost per HP diminishes as those numbers increase.

Dan

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info