F--k'em up, F--k'em up, GO CU!!!!!!

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
F--k'em up, F--k'em, GO CU!!!!!!

Just got back from the first football game of the season. The annual vaunted CU vs CSU game. This is the first time in a long time the game has been held at one of the schools (usually its at Mile High in Denver) and it was an unbelieveable game.

On non rival game days the CU student crowd is insane, very rowdy, very loud, and very drunk :alcoholic This game was incredible. It was deafening inside 20minutes before kickoff, the stadium who's capacity is around 54,000, had well over 57,000 inside. The student section was 2 people to a seat, with an easy 20,000+ students packed in together, all buzzing or drunk, extremely rowdy, and very pumped. Me and about 10 of my buddies from last year were first row on the North endzone and had , but a great view the entire time, even getting on the Jumbotron a few times after big plays.

The game started as a blowout, as we jumped ahead 17-0 VERY early our pass defense let CSU come charging right back into the game. By the middle of the fourth our once massive lead had vanished...as the game was now tied 17 all. We went ahead on a mammoth 55yd field goal, then on CSU's first play from scrimmage after the FG Brian Iwuh intercepting Van Pelts pass and returned it 40~yrds for a TD putting CU up 27-17 with a little less than 5 minutes to play. The crowd went insane, a mass of deafening roar from the student section could have been herd ll throughout campus, trampling started and people were going insane thinking the game was in the bag.

But CSU had other thoughts. They stormed down the field in about a minute to score a TD. Ball goes back to us, of course when we need to drain time off the clock the most is when we go three and out :mad: Ball goes back to CSU with 2:30 on the clock and them only needing to march 60yds to the endzone. And boy did they march.....big play after big play on third and longs. The entire CU student section was quieted....moments of horror raced through all of our minds, faces were covered with hands as no one wanted to watch CSU's march continue. Then came the moment no one wanted to see.....

CSU has 3rd and goal from the 2 with :40~ left on the clock...a penalty gives CSU a 1st and goal from the GODDAMN 1!!!!!! One could only hope they weer going to run the ball, as CU's run defense was dominating all game long. Their first and second attempts straight up the hole were stuffed by the Buffs D Line. Next came the moment of truth as the clock continued to run.... The stadium came alive like never before, all 50,000+ CU fans (especially us Students) came alive in the most deafening of ways.... I couldnt even hear myself yell, fuck, I couldnt even tell if I was yelling, all I heard was white noise and watched in anticipation....

The game clock continued to tick as CSU scrambled to get back in formation.... 7.....6.....5....4...hike, screen the left side, makes if 5 yds across field, cuts in and is met by three CU defenders :headbang: :headbang:

The crowd ERUPTS in joy, the football players charge to the play, and 20,000 fans soon follow. Being first row I quickly jumped the fence, ran past the 100 or so events guards, and the 50 or so Cops decked out in riot gear.... I was so goddamn happy as I flew past the 50yrd line jumping and screaming looking to my side to see hundreds of others keeping pace with me down the field. Me and hundreds of others go flying into the group of CU players and start going crazy patting everyone on the back, hugging everyone around, screaming the school fight song, chanting "fuck u CSU, fuck u CSU" at the CSU fan section of the stadium, chanting "na na na na, hey hey hey, goodbye" to them as well, launching anything within grasp into the stands, and being extremely rowdy :biggthump :headbang: The mass of students grew larger and larger, at least 5-8,000 students were on the field encircling the players in a circle, with everyone jumping up and down yelling, screaming, moshing, just insanity (PS I had sandals on :eek3: ....and I think I broke one of my toes :dunno: ) this mass of people kept this up for over 20minutes....and even after 35minutes there was still thousdands on the field....I finally decided to take off, as the Cops were taking out the tear gas in case anything happened. So I get out of the stadium and its still insanity as all of the students were all heading up the the Hill to get wasted at any of the 20+ house parties going down....

I meet up with a few buddies and we all head up there for a while, until after about 40minutes it starts to rain so I say fuck it and head back....stopping by the liquor store first (had to pick up a couple packs of Bud to celebrate ya know :alcoholic )......and here I am at Midnight typing this massive monstrosity of a post for a reason I dont know because I doubt anyone is going to read all of this babble in the first place :dunno:

Oh well, Im just so stoked I got a chance to charge onto Folsom Field to celebrate a wayyyy to close game pulled out by the Buffs. And to all that never had a chance to charge onto a field in a packed house in a sick ass stadium in a game between hated rivals..... you guys have NO IDEA what you missed out on :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Later

GO BUFFS!!!!!!!

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
First game (pre-season), Illinois 52, Florida A&M 13.

GO ILLINI!

Attachments

• 24378.jpeg
    24378.jpeg
    12.2 KB · Views: 71
  • ill-04-game1.jpg
    ill-04-game1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 71

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Seee.....It "IS" A Wonderful Life isn't it. Oh how I love to live vicariously through the young. I read it, and it was cool, thanks for taking the time, and GOOD FOR YOU!

Lucky Fucker, I hate you! :joke: :alcoholic

Now get the grades and make lotsa money. :headbang:

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
I erased it, I kind of thought it wasn't funny either but didn't get back here fast enough. I'm out of here. I'll just take my own advice.

FWIW: My customers say that to me all the time. My customers are really rude, huh?

No more comments from this guy. You see what I got for just trying to give a little positive reinforcement. I swear I just don't get it sometimes. I wish I could have gone to schooll like Hank, I really do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info