Audi S4 - Fast or Not?

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
I'm supposed to be meeting up with some friends of a friend in a few weeks. One is a fellow Lightning owner, the other apparently has a modded S4 - the one from a couple years back with the twin turbo V6. We'll probably end up running around for fun, so I've been wondering whether I'll be embarrassed or not.

I cruised over the Audi boards a little and they seem to argue about spending $6K to run mid to low 13's. Anyone run across one of these? What did you think?

:biggthump

gnxs

Electron Powered
Apr 26, 2004
ILLINI-SVT said:
I'm supposed to be meeting up with some friends of a friend in a few weeks. One is a fellow Lightning owner, the other apparently has a modded S4 - the one from a couple years back with the twin turbo V6. We'll probably end up running around for fun, so I've been wondering whether I'll be embarrassed or not.

I cruised over the Audi boards a little and they seem to argue about spending $6K to run mid to low 13's. Anyone run across one of these? What did you think?

:biggthump

You shouldn't get embarrassed, but you may get beat. I was at the track two years ago with my WS6 going 13.4 at the time and a kid was there with an S4 that didn't have too many mods. He was going 13.0. However, his trap was only 104-105 to my 108-109. Not that you can't also get them to see some good mph, just this one only had minor (under $2,000) mods.

If he knows how to launch it on the street, you could be toast. If it's for fun, what the hell. If it's for $$, he may have more than you think.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info