Saturday Speeds

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
How fast was everyone going on the cruise Saturday? I hit 151 mph or so according to the analog speedometer. I know there was daylight between the needle and the 150 mph line. Randy has a lot of guts. It didn't seem to bother him at all.

Anyone else think the minivan and the semi were going to wipe each other out? The minivan ended up passing the semi tractor on the shoulder after he got forced off the road.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's all relative. I haven't driven a pulley car so I have nothing to compare it to. It's faster overall and quicker to those speeds than my LX was. I know some of the modified cars could have passed me if they wanted to. Or that awesome red Lightning. That thing was walking away from me when I was floored. I'd love to see one of the modified cars go up against it.

KTs03

King of Fools
Mar 10, 2004
Flyn high again said:
How fast was everyone going on the cruise Saturday? I hit 151 mph or so according to the analog speedometer. I know there was daylight between the needle and the 150 mph line. Randy has a lot of guts. It didn't seem to bother him at all.

Anyone else think the minivan and the semi were going to wipe each other out? The minivan ended up passing the semi tractor on the shoulder after he got forced off the road.

I hit 150 thereabouts behind you but I only glanced down at the speedo twice. My cousin riding shotgun claims he saw it hit 153. If I knew we were going to end up going that fast with that much room in front of us I would have had the GPS ready to clock it. Oh well.

ILLINI-SVT

Member at Large
Mar 4, 2004
Dammit, when did I miss this? I know I hit at least 110 a couple of times throughout the day, but with all the traffic, I must have been too far behind to go along with everyone and let it rip.

Actually, I've only been up to 130 in my L ever. You really feel the wind start to drag after 110 or so. It's like driving with an open parachute at that point.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info