No Frog Prince for me. Grrr!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was looking through the sale catalogs Sunday for Mother's Day presents for my wife and mother and came across the cutest Monet Frog Prince jewelry box. It looked like a little green and gold frog wearing a crown and opened up with a small storage space. It was soooo cute. The best part is that it was only $13. I'm thinking I'm in like Flint. So I go to Carsons on Monday and they say they haven't gotten any yet and I should come back later in the week. I go back today and the lady says they NEVER GOT ANY! Bummer!

I see their sale ad and grab one and call their online ordering line. No go, they are backordered. I move up a level and talk to the superviser who apologizes and that's it. I move up one more level and talk to a supervisor's supervisor who says he'll try to special order me one. Cool! Then I hear in the back ground the previous lady talking to him and discover that they only had 10 frogs. Not 10 frogs for each store... 10 FROGS PERIOD! WTF! Who's the moron who ordered 10 FROGS? The guy was apologetic as hell but there was nothing he could do. I mentioned that the lady today told me to go over to a table and look around at other things which is the old "bait and switch" which is illegal. I got the CEO's name and phone # from the super super and I'll call him tomorrow. I am VERY disappointed and I have no Mother's Day presents... :mad:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Thanks, Andy. I talked to my dad and he says the thing my mom would like the most is a picture of me with my family to take back to Florida with her. I think I'll get a nice frame and get a digital pic blown up. Maybe engrave it or something. I should be able to get that done by Sunday. That takes care of her. My wife would shoot me if I spend a hundred bucks on her. She doesn't like me getting her anything. If I spend a lot on her she will return it and put the money back in the bank. [That's why she handles the money. I would spend everything on car parts.] That's why the frog was so attractive. Inexpensive yet good looking. She would have loved it. I have to think about what to get her. Just flowers and a hand made card will make her happy but I have a couple days to look around.

Now that I think about it, we have these two planters on our patio that need dirt and flowers. If I get her something for there she would like it a lot. Maybe I could sneak them in Saturday night or early Sunday morning...

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
I cute suggestion...and what I did for my mom,

you know the (Beanie Babies) right? Well they have a dark pink one,
and it has a ribbon around its neck that says Mothers Day 2004 :dunno:
thats a nice little reminder :biggthump I ordered flowers and I am having that attached to it for my mom :cool:

so if you need a litle idea...hope this one helped :dunno:
Good Luck! :headbang:

CobraSusie

Banned
Mar 1, 2004
Build a Bear? (women love these) -maybe not for the Mom though :dunno:
you can get a voice box that says I Love You or (basically whatever) :)

(if it were me /I'd say a car part but thats me :rolleyes: :D /)

Roses with a gold bracelet? Its not a big holiday ;)

Hope this helped a little more (I am trying)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info