Cottage and Boat rentals?

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I'm looking for a couple of cottages for my and one of my friend's families [5 people each]. We also want to rent a pontoon boat or speed boat or fishing boat or something. I would like to stay within 4-5 hours of Chicago. Some place with hiking, good fishing, interesting things to do for us and our kids is what we are looking for. I have found some places in Indiana around Raccoon lake and Freeman lake that don't seem too bad. Most of the places are around $1000 for a week's rental with a pontoon boat for $450 a week and up. Anyone know of any good lake vacation places? :dunno:

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
CrimsonCobra_01 said:
just over indiana border in mich is VERY nice, small towns with lakes or lake mich itself. couple buddies have places there and its always a good time

Gun Lake, Michigan.

You can check out Yankee Springs area. Pricing would be about the same as you found. You can either camp or rent a cottage.

That area is my second home in the summer. Very nice. :biggthump

About a 2.5 hr drive from the Illinois/Indiana border. Located right between Kalamazoo and Grand Rapids. Just off of US 131.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Thanks, everyone! I used to go to Gun Lake when I was a kid. It's a nice area. I must have looked at a couple hundred cottages online already. None of them are perfect so far. Either too far from Chicago or no boats available or too expensive or too far from activities. I'd be happy to sit and read and fish but the other family we are going with wants to hike. My kids want fun things to do, too. Michigan is attractive. Indiana is Indiana... Wisconsin has the Dells and the cheeseheads. :dunno:

fearbluer1

Mar 2, 2004
Flyn high again said:
Thanks, everyone! I used to go to Gun Lake when I was a kid. It's a nice area. I must have looked at a couple hundred cottages online already. None of them are perfect so far. Either too far from Chicago or no boats available or too expensive or too far from activities. I'd be happy to sit and read and fish but the other family we are going with wants to hike. My kids want fun things to do, too. Michigan is attractive. Indiana is Indiana... Wisconsin has the Dells and the cheeseheads. :dunno:

There are cottages up at "chicago point" on Gun Lake. I know they go for around 1000.00 a week

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
fearbluer1 said:
There are cottages up at "chicago point" on Gun Lake. I know they go for around 1000.00 a week

Do you have any website info, Tim? I'll try doing a search tonight. The way things are looking now, the other family's favorite is a group of cottages about 45 minutes east of the Dells. I like the Dells so that wouldn't be too bad. Unfortunately, that place wants $150 a day for a pontoon. I was hoping for $450-$500 a week for the boat.

fearbluer1

Mar 2, 2004

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Update-Chicago Point is unavailable except for June. There is another Gun Lake rental place at www.gunlakemichiganrentals.com They have some nice cottages. We're also thinking about going further North in Michigan or Wisconsin. There are a lot of places up towards Canada or the U.P. I'm getting sick of looking at cottages so I may sit back and have my wife and her girlfriend pick a place. :dunno:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
After looking at hundreds of places online, my wife and her girl friend want to go to Fife lake in central Michigan. There were a few totally awesome places I found but of course they are booked solid for the summer. We would have to book now for next year... Torch lake area in Michigan looks real good but expensive. The U.P. has a ton of places but it's a cruise. For a while, my wife and her friend wanted to go to Cedar Point Ohio so they could drag us to the amusement park which would have been OK except they wanted a cottage on lake Erie and there's no way in hell I'm going out fishing on that monster of a lake. Waves can go from gentle to 10' in minutes. That cottage comes with a 14' boat. 14' boat--10' waves! :eek: I'll settle for Fife lake if that's what they decide on. Thanks for the help, everyone!

fearbluer1

Mar 2, 2004
Good Luck Cliff

All the cottages on almost any lake will be booked for the year already. Might want to plan for next year, like you said.

Have fun!

Tim

The bad thing about up north, its allot cooler up there usually then on the south side of michigan.
Flyn high again said:
After looking at hundreds of places online, my wife and her girl friend want to go to Fife lake in central Michigan. There were a few totally awesome places I found but of course they are booked solid for the summer. We would have to book now for next year... Torch lake area in Michigan looks real good but expensive. The U.P. has a ton of places but it's a cruise. For a while, my wife and her friend wanted to go to Cedar Point Ohio so they could drag us to the amusement park which would have been OK except they wanted a cottage on lake Erie and there's no way in hell I'm going out fishing on that monster of a lake. Waves can go from gentle to 10' in minutes. That cottage comes with a 14' boat. 14' boat--10' waves! :eek: I'll settle for Fife lake if that's what they decide on. Thanks for the help, everyone!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info