Kawasaki ZX10R Ninja 433Lbs. 162hp!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I was reading the new Motorcyclist and saw an article on the new Ninja litre bike. This thing sounds unbelievable. Some of the comments:
One hundred mph arrives before the 13,000-rpm redline--IN FIRST GEAR!
3.72 Lbs. per horsepower-That's comparable to a 1000hp+ Terminator!
Slim and short enough to make most 600s look like sports tourers [it's 998cc]
The magazine said that on the road they shifted before 8000rpm to keep the engine out of the power band!
They got a [email protected] in the quarter mile...but...they were having a problem keeping the front wheel on the ground and said that once they broke the timing lights with the rear wheel because the front wouldn't stay down! That's a 145mph wheelie!

NOT FOR AMATEURS! I have a lot of bike riding experience and this bike scares me. They said a few times that this is not a bike to relax on. They call it "an obscene case of overkill"! Buy one now before the insurance skyrockets... :burnout:

fearbluer1

My 4cyl just beat your 8!
Mar 2, 2004
You guys don't think I ride a wussy bike do you?? Litre bikes have been putting down these #'s since 1997 with the zx9r.

Looks like they changed the gearing in first gear again. hehehe.

Mine tops out at 78mph in FIRST!!! Guess what, that only means there is more gear to try and harness......LOL. They have had HUGE problems keeping the front wheels on the ground. In fact I don't even use most of 1st gear at the track, I short shift to 2nd. Too much time lost when the front wheel is in the air.

You bolt a wheelie bar to the back of any of the litre bikes, you are instantly looking at low 9's.

The bike has been notorious for long wheelies!!! And they are easliy brought up in 2nd or 3rd gear at 120+mph.

My bike from the factory weighed 398lbs. 420 wet. The bike stock came with 150hp, but now it is putting down 148hp to the back tire. I still have cams, and heads to add. I have been putting that off for the past 3 years.

The only bad thing, the terminator feels so slow after riding the bike! :dunno:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info