Why planning an event blows...

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
The saying is famous for a reason "Talk is CHEAP." By the way Sutton High Performance is a start up company but is back by a very strong dealership, Sutton Ford. You had a sponsor there until you decided you could get more money. So, then you go to big companies that already have their advertising money spread around and already have sponsorship of larger events. You come to them with no guarantees, no confirmed racers and coverage, and expect them to throw down the money. Its just not a smart move for a company that already has their name out there. Don't take it so personal, its just business.

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
1badass96gt said:
Don't take it so personal, its just business.

I agree with BA96GT he makes some good points about your rant. Now in no way do I not appreciate what you are doing for MSC Hank, but being that I am a business man myself, he is right in his points and at this point you need to learn from this. If there is a next time, what can you do different to change the outcome? :idea:

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Hank, regardless of what happens buddy, you know that the chicagosvt gang and others can't wait for this event. Although, yes it would be nice to see fast cars that can make our mouths drop and title sponsors that can help us with door prizes and money, we don't need them.

We have seen from a few of our little get togethers that we can get local people together, let's just keep pushing this event. Shoot me a PM with the list of confirmed sponsors and I will make a new handout to pass out. Maybe I can get a few of us to hit the local hang outs over the next few wknds and spread the word. I always have mine in my wallet!

Hank, remember and I think you said it on the post on svt... we will still have a good time, don't let this eat away at you. We can make the coverage known of how it went for next time... heck a few of us have cameras, video and still... and if need be I will dedicate my time to make a great webpage with recap and video to make them wish that they had sponsored it, all of course with Cobra Jacks blessing. I know he is 100% behind this site... and a few of us are more than willing to spread the word.

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Hank when I said had their name out I didn't mean Sutton HP I meant the larger companies that everyone has heard of. You need to grow up you think every word said is an attack on your actions. I know a lot of people on this site appreciate the time, effort, and money you have put into this event. You should be thanked for that!
Sorry if you think I meant to lie or twist your words or anything. But, damn you are an angry person.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I've been telling every car guy I talk to about MSC and trying to get them to sign up and send money. Once you have someone's money, they usually make an effort to show. I thought MSC had a chance of snowballing into a big event when you challenged some of the big guys to come and show us what they have. Then logistics and egos stepped in and the quick guys started coming up with excuses. It's their loss if they don't come since there will be many SVT cars in attendance. Whoever has the quickest car could sell a lot of their products.

I would concentrate on trying to get coverage from one or more of the mags. If they don't want to send someone, maybe we could put together a synopsis of the event along with pics and send it in to them. Don't forget, this is your innaugural year. If you can get a decent turnout and people have a good time, next year may be even better.

I suggest everyone try to get as many people signed up as possible. The more names on the list, the more interest from sponsors and magazines.

Don't let this get you down, Hank. It's a good lesson at a young age of what happens when people have to lay out money or effort. Everyone talks a good game. When the time to back up the talk comes, you learn who is really behind you. Try not to be negative about MSC in your posts on the national forums or you will drive people away. Keep a positive face on even if you're seething inside. Let's make this this an event that everyone who misses it will kick themselves for not coming! Who's with me now? YAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! MSC! MSC! MSC! MSC! YAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! :headbang:

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I think Victor and John [Shelby guy] and some of our own guys do a pretty good job with pics. The price is right...

If you're sending something in to the mags, they want it exciting, short, and sweet. A few good pics and a short story covering the highlights of the event. The quickest cars, maybe a group shot, and anything that would be of interest to the mags' readers. Good looking women in front of the cars never hurts...

Flatliner

Mar 3, 2004
Flyn high again said:
I think Victor and John [Shelby guy] and some of our own guys do a pretty good job with pics. The price is right...

If you're sending something in to the mags, they want it exciting, short, and sweet. A few good pics and a short story covering the highlights of the event. The quickest cars, maybe a group shot, and anything that would be of interest to the mags' readers. Good looking women in front of the cars never hurts...

Cliff nailed it right on the head, quick recap to mags.

I work for fun in the MSC gig with pics and video to get it out there. Then what we do is burn and send a video disk to all the sponsors and magazines and let them see what they missed all PR for next year... when maybe it will move to 2 days! :cool2:

S

Scream'n95Cobra

I think we got too ahead of ourselves. Maybe its better to start out small with a few sponsors and have more of a personal event, rather than a large event. That way the sponsors that actually do come will profit even more, and we all get to have a great time. Hank has been talking to a couple guys from magazines, and i think we will get something out of it. Whether someone will actually be there, or an article after the event with pics and info, getting our name out there for next year. Still have to finalize the deal with Scandelous too. They have hot chicks who love to pose. :biggthump

Well, Hank just IMed me on AIM with :clap:worthy news...im sure he will post. :headbang: :hail: Doug at Billetflow

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info