You know you're at a crappy track when.. (GLD)

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Spent a few hours at Great Lakes Dragway in Wisconsin. Out of all the tracks I've been to, this one has got to be the worst ones ever. It might even be the worst track in the country. My time spent there today inspired me to write this list: ;)

You know you're at a crappy track when:
- The stands are so dilapidated that they threaten to collapse at any moment, sending you to your death.

- The staging lanes are so slick that you wonder if they’re prepping them with motor oil.

- The “tree” has burnt out light bulbs.

- The time displays only work 50% of the time.

- When it is working, there are so many burnt out light bulbs on the time display that you can’t read it. It has been like this for more than 4 years.

- The guy that “techs” you in has the nickname “Nazi Tech” and you’re certain that he’s an escaped convict.

- The place is usually filled with more than 80% rice.

- Most of the spectators believe that a mid 15 second run is considered fast.

- The bathrooms are boarded up and have a big sign reading “CLOSED” forcing you to pee in the bushes.

- The parking lot has pot-holes large enough to swallow a Honda.

:sad:

cobravenom39

GTL>FLA
Mar 1, 2004
The King of Crappy Tracks

Your right, the track is a piece of shit. The reason why the time board only works half of the time is that some people don't want to have their times advertised. I mean, would you want your ricer buddies to know that your Pink Prelude with a huge fucking LeMans wing (The car can't even go fast enough to produce enough downforce to even utilize it) runs mid 16s? He could be racing a stickered out Civic later that night for a prized Nos decal.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I noticed that a LOT of the ricers were not showing their times. I couldn't believe that they'd even care what they were running. They probably hid their times more out of embarrasment than anything else!

Although that time display when it wasn't working correctly actually did show the numbers, but very faintly. You really couldn't make out the time unless you used binoculars (which I brought along). :dunno:

cob99

Regular
Mar 11, 2004
whats up guys the track is

messed up i couldnt hook they wouldnt throw vht down for my buddys camero the best run i could pull was a 16:58 (hehehe!!) 1/4 mile 60 ft 2.6 (lol) much room for inprovement, and my mph was at 111 so i could have done better if i had some mickey ts but the track did suck but it was also opening weekend i had a blast other then being under a chevy lol, my friend nicks car was running fucked up and (carb problems) the best he pulled was a 9.79 at 146 he wanted high 8s but we couldnt dial the carb , weather was shitty mike

cob99

Regular
Mar 11, 2004
yep you got it flatliner

i have 2 nice goddies for this week end i am deff, ready for the week end :) so u want some bring lol and thanks for the time earse vic didnt even think of that lol mike ,, ps there was no ANDY , where were you bro i missed you :( lol jus jokin bro mike

wahoo

Regular
Mar 7, 2004
GLD may be a shitty track but I like it cause its close and it makes it a drivers track. Plus a lot of ricers to laugh at with the hugh ass wings. Never understood why they put those big ass wings on the back of there cars when they are front wheel drive? :dunno: I think some of these guys have more down force then John Force has on his Funny car!! :eek3:

Doug

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Nice car! Do you hang out at BK? I like the engine pics... ;0)

I got an idea... maybe you can give me like 7 cars and the bust and like I only have a 2002 Cobra... for like what do you wanna race for... like 50 bucks??

Cool... let me go gel my hair again and then tell everybody where we are racing so we can like get busted and have all the 5-o's show up and like arrest us, cool?

Flatliner

I'm kind of a big deal...
Mar 3, 2004
Oh ya I almost forgot... you have to take off all your bolt ons, or it's not fair.

The car better look like this ;0)

Attachments

• Engine.jpg
    Engine.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 97
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info