Movie Top Gun 2.... IS HAPPENING

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
:bowrofl:
Exec: Top Gun 2 Is Real and Stars a Plane That Doesn’t Fly

A Lockheed engineer is probably the last person you'd expect to break the news of a Hollywood mega-blockbuster sequel, but here we go! Flightglobal is reporting Top Gun 2 is not only happening, but starring Tom Cruise (!) as an F-35 pilot. Ha!

The bizarre news, centered around a movie that doesn't even have an IMDB page and a broken airplane, is taking a little bit to process here. The first question: what will Tom Cruise do? Stand on a runway, staring at his grounded F-35? Will the F-35 be a metaphor for some kind of personal growth? Is the Tom Cruise Lockheed is talking about the same Tom Cruise? Will he fix all of the plane's electrical problems to get the girl?

The film, if it does hit production next month as Tom Burbage, Lockheed Martin F-35 program manager claims, the writers will have an even greater challenge than the plane's engineers—you can only make a defective, trillion-dollar paperweight so exciting. I can see it now: Maverick is sitting, Four Loko lodged into his beer gut, watching the air war of Libya thunder away, as his F-35 sits outside under a tarp. Fade to black. Begin volleyball scene. Val Kilmer looks better than ever. Chests glistening like so many unused guided bombs. OFFRAMP TO THE SAFETY ZONE. [Flightglobal]

http://gizmodo.com/5889737/top-gun-2-is-real-and-stars-a-plane-that-doesnt-fly

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
cmt-medium.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

I know this initial report was from 2012, so info was sketchy, but the F-35 isn't what is being used. The Navy's workhorse F/A-18 Super Hornet is.

The F-35 is more or less just becoming operational now, and the Navy hasn't completely incorporated their version into carrier service yet. So having him fly a plane that they aren't even using yet... Meanwhile again, the F/A-18 is their "workhorse."

top-gun-2-550x551.jpg

Also, I would question our military, letting Hollywood into our newest wonder jet to begin with.

You should see, or not, Kelly Mcguinss (sp)

She looks like a man now. Wholly cripes.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
And the sequence of the cat launch in synch.

One of the things that made the F-14 so cool was that once in the lockdown position in the catapult, to launch, the front end comes down, giving it the look of a dragster. The F/A-18's aren't like that, but I'll take what I can get.

Omicron

From Russia With Love
TCG Premium
Jan 13, 2013
McHenry
They should remake with an female cast. That’s what the fans want.

I mean, you could have Mindy Kaling and Kelly Marie Tran as maverick and Goose. Get Melissa Mcarthy as iceman. Leslie Jones as sundown.

Have a white male as the instructor who culturally inappropriate the women pilots and gets fired, so the entire movie would be about SJW female empowerment. And queef jokes.

Paul Feig could direct.

Hell , have Carly Rae Jensen cover ‘Danger Zone’.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info