The Beer Thread

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Other stuff i have tried recently----

Abita Turbodog - english brown ale...

Turbodog is a dark brown ale brewed with Willamette hops and a combination of pale, crystal and chocolate malts. This combination gives Turbodog its rich body and color and a sweet chocolate toffee-like flavor. Turbodog began as a specialty ale but has gained a huge loyal following and has become one of our flagship brews.

when i drank it- i put in my notes- looks dark- doesn't taste heavy- chocolatey...

i realllly liked that.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
I don't normally like Sam Adams stuff... but I tried Sam Adams Mighty Oak Ale recently and it was fucking awesome. here is the description from sam adams website.

Samuel Adams Mighty Oak Ale is the winner of our 2011 Beer Lover’s Choice® campaign. This brew combines the malty sweetness of an ale with the complexity of oak aging for an overall well-balanced beer. The aroma has a subtle earthiness from the English hops, while distinct notes of oak come through in the flavor of this amber brew. The vanilla and caramel oak character is balanced by the sweetness and subtle roastiness of our blend of malts for a smooth dry finish.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
427180_2791002611644_1155720095_32344173_1648487679_n.jpg

my all time favorite go to---

when they discontinue it. i stockpile it. and i did.

the last 12'r made it to this past friday, when it was raped and pillaged

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
cool write up...

http://drinkingmadeeasy.com/booze-in-the-news/strongest-beers-world/

← Previous Post
Next Post →

Strongest Beers in the World!

drinkadmin February 7, 2012 0

It usually takes a couple beers for anyone to get drunk. But recent brews have begun to exceed the norm for Alcohol By Volume (ABV). It is not uncommon nowadays for craft brews to be between 8-12% ABV. But why stop there? why not double that, or even triple. Modern techniques have now been perfected to give beer huge amounts of alcohol content, enough so to rival most spirits. So who are the top dogs when it comes to the world’s strongest beers?
Samuel Adams Utopias-25% ABV

In 2009, one of the worlds largest craft breweries released their special edition Utopias which had a whopping 25% ABV which was a rare thing in the US. This rare brew was aged for around 16 years in a variety of woods.
BrewDog Tactical Nuclear Penguin-32% ABV

penguin-123x300.jpg

This Scottish Micro-Brewery devised a new way to raise their alcohol content by freezing their beer at a certain temperature. Since alcohol freezes and a lower temperature than water it could then be separated and isolated. When the Tactical Nuclear Penguin was released in 2010 it was the strongest beer in the world. Recently Brew Dog has come out with even stronger beers like The End of History with a ABV of 55%
However, The title for the Strongest Beer in the world currently is…
Schorschbrau Schorschbock Finis Coronat Opus-57% ABV

The world record for the highest ABV beer currently belongs to brewery Kleinbrauerei Schorschbrau for this Eisbock brew which is 17% more ABV than most spirits. In addition to being very strong, this beer is also very rare. There are only 36 bottles of this special edition beer available.

Outlaw

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 24, 2009
Johnsburg
427180_2791002611644_1155720095_32344173_1648487679_n.jpg

my all time favorite go to---

when they discontinue it. i stockpile it. and i did.

the last 12'r made it to this past friday, when it was raped and pillaged

:fy: summer shandy. It goes well with boats and ho's.

Like I said in your other thread....

Natty daddy. Its 8% natural ice and comes in 24oz cans. Decent, cheap, and gets.you.drunk.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
so sprecher abbey triple? that sounds good... i dig Belgians.

Yes, here is a review:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/144/2851

If you make it up to Lake Geneva, there is a Sprecher restaurant in town. They have about 15 of their beers on tap and more in bottles. The food was good too. That's where I had both beers last weekend.

We should also discuss where we like to drink beer, lol

One of my favorities is Bavarian Lodge in Lisle. They have a TON of beer and I love their German food.

http://www.bavarian-lodge.com/Site/Beer_List.html

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Yes, here is a review:
http://beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/144/2851

If you make it up to Lake Geneva, there is a Sprecher restaurant in town. They have about 15 of their beers on tap and more in bottles. The food was good too. That's where I had both beers last weekend.

We should also discuss where we like to drink beer, lol

One of my favorities is Bavarian Lodge in Lisle. They have a TON of beer and I love their German food.

http://www.bavarian-lodge.com/Site/Beer_List.html

I didn't know that. You are in LG often it seems. I will have to check that restaurant out.

jason and KJ...you guys should come to the Elgin Public House meet. They have a great selection of beer to try.

when again? I've never met Jason before in person as well. anybody who chugs almost as much beer though as me is good in my book :rofl:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.