how many people actually enjoy their job?

Do you enjoy your job?

• Yes

Votes: 68 69.4%
  • No

Votes: 30 30.6%

• Total voters

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
I know we've had threads where everyone works, but do you actually enjoy your occupation?

I sure as hell don't, mainly because the people I work with. Its a small office and my boss is my sister, besides the doc who owns the practice. Just have a plain Jane business degree and haven't done much with it. My fault? Yes. Plus, been applying for medical office managerial positions and haven't gotten anywhere with it.

Our receptionist shows to work and leaves when she pleases and the doc physician assistant is a whiny bitch.

Also, my girlfriend is going to school to be a teacher and where she's doing her student teaching, she dreads going there. Kids are disrespectful and the her cooperating teacher isn't teaching her much. She's left in tears a few times because she doesn't like it even though she's taught in other schools during her degree and the students, teachers and school's were much better environment.

Discuss.

SirMarco

of Pingree Grove
May 11, 2009
Pingree Grove
I have up and down days. I like what I do, well most of it. The design and printing part I do. I don't like being a service tech because it's pretty much people pissed at you all day long for things they did.

I would love to get into a marketing, promotions or advertising company doing art for them. My hunt continues for this job.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I really enjoy my work and I'm good at it. I hate a large portion of the clients I work with because they're far too stupid to be in the positions that they are in, and the boss man makes things difficult in the office from time to time. Thankfully, he's been on a happy streak as of late, so office life is pretty good. The sheer amount of work to be done makes it tough other days. All in all, I enjoy my job. At least enough to not be miserable.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
I honestly love my job when I can just do problem solving and programming. Give me a piece of code and tell me how it should work and then leave me alone and I am good for the day.

I only really hate it when I get stuck in meetings all day for project planning. Mostly a dick measuring contest and a lot of drama.

BrianG

Big Dick Team Octane
Oct 5, 2008
Streamwood
Real Name
Brian G
I honestly love my job when I can just do problem solving and programming. Give me a piece of code and tell me how it should work and then leave me alone and I am good for the day.

I only really hate it when I get stuck in meetings all day for project planning. Mostly a dick measuring contest and a lot of drama.
LOL! Do we work together and not know it?!?

Angus

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 12, 2007
HHI, SC
I do as well.

My clients love what I do for them and I'm in a direct, high revenue generating position within my firm. I get to travel all across the county and see all sorts of different facilities like simple retail locations, distribution warehouses, chemical plants, and my favorite from last week - a large chicken kill plant. :s00ls:

All in all, I like it a ton but do miss my marketing side...

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber

:werd: was in a meeting yesterday for 2 hours and nothing got done except now we need to email everything to one person :rofl:

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
I like my job. I’ve recently had opportunities to work with our executive team which is great visibility for me and gives me great experience. My boss is awesome in that she isn’t one of those micromanagers. She lets me run my own budget and make my own decisions. I’ve seen other managers that always want to be involved and you can’t take a dump without consulting them. Another thing that I like is the people. It makes it fun to come into work when you can work together and have fun. I’ve always tried to go out of my way to help people and it pays off on the other end. If I need something done quickly, it’s nice to have someone you can count on.

I would like to get paid more, but who wouldn’t? I get paid well, get benefits, and am bonus eligible (crossing my finger this year).

The one negative is that like many other companies, I’ve absorbed job duties from people that have moved on or were let go. It would be nice to add staff. I also spend a lot of time on conference calls, so that’s why I get to spend time on TCG during the day.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I do actually enjoy my job. I don't always love it, but overall, I've got a great gig that continues to challenge me.

What I don't understand, is how people STAY in jobs they don't enjoy. Life is too damn short to live unhappy. Go get a new job if you're unhappy or don't get a sense of accomplishment from your job. Amirite?

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I do actually enjoy my job. I don't always love it, but overall, I've got a great gig that continues to challenge me.

What I don't understand, is how people STAY in jobs they don't enjoy. Life is too damn short to live unhappy. Go get a new job if you're unhappy or don't get a sense of accomplishment from your job. Amirite?

easier said than done sensai (sp? ) :dunno:

Thread Info