Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
you have a squirrel?! :eek3:

and we already have a pet thread someplace (edit - jeremy posted it above) but ill never pass up a chance to post my boy.

Hobbes, 10lbs... Currently 6mo old

6409125791_db37b942d2_b.jpg

6366676677_2a54c3322d_z.jpg

20111025_004940.jpg

School Boy

Spray the cubic inch at it!
Mar 28, 2011

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
No recent ones available online at the moment, but here are 2 old pics of my dog Miller.

Whats it like having a squirrel?!?! Is it friendly since you've raised it???

thats a very cool dog!

its really cool having a squirrel, hes really fun to watch. yes, he is very friendly. i let him out of his cage all the time and he will let you pet him kinda like a cat. by far the coolest animal i have ever had.

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
do you actually let him out and such or is he always in the cage? ive heard that even "domesticated" squirrels are still really dangerous.

no i dont always keep him in the cage, i let him out every day when i get home from work, he acts just like a cat. i have had him for about 2 years and he has not once bitten me. ive heard a lot of bad stories about squirrels too but i think i got really lucky.

School Boy

Mar 28, 2011
does he climb on you and shit? i would think his claws would hurt like a fucker.

yes, thats the only down side. he doesnt really climb on people but when you hold him you have to hold him against your chest because he will tear up your arms because he has a really strong grip and really sharp claws. he doesnt mean to hurt you, he just cant help hes has really sharp claws.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
do you actually let him out and such or is he always in the cage? ive heard that even "domesticated" squirrels are still really dangerous.

4 buddies and I rented a house years ago. We had a small squirrel that would come in our garage when we were working on cars. He was cool as could be and never bit us. The one room mate got the bright idea to keep him as a pet in the house. He gave the squirrel the last bedroom. He has a cat tree, we hung rope all over the room and he had cat toys. He would play with them and climb all over the place. He would roam the house when we were home. He would even come out in the garage and venture out in the yard and come back later on.

The roommate that brought him in was not the brightest guy (called the squirrel 'chip' because he thought it was a chipmunk drrrr) and was a slob. sadly ken caused an event that either he got the squirrel killed in the wild one day or the squirrel was tired of dealing with his dumb ass and moved out. :tear:

Thread Info