Ron Vogel
Here's my summation...it's fun if you are:

1. a 10-12 year old girl
2. a 4-7 year old boy
3. gay
4. a skank with mideval dress-up fetishes
5. frightfully ugly
6. a hippie, or out of your mind on hallucenegenics
7. a girl with a new boyfriend willing to buy you any impractical thing that is only appropriate at the fair for the sole purpose of sex

And that's about it...

We went since it's the last weekend to go with our "free" tickets. The whole thing was a shopping trap; to give you an example, my almost undrinkable crappy coffee cost me $4!

I'd say hey it's worth it going to see all the pushed up boobs and freaks once in your life (although it was mostly fat chicks). People watching was the only entertainment I enjoyed. I've never seen so many defective people in one place and time of my life other than the DMV!

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
i would say you are wrong ........ you have to go with an open mind and to get drunk ..... drinking is the best thing to do there ..... btw i am none of the above that you mentioned and had a blast the last time i went ....... just my $.02

Are you talking about Mideval Times or the fair?

We did buy swords for the boys...Smallest wooden sword with holder was $26 for the pair, plus $15 for a flower thing for my daughter's head.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I have to be dragged there, but once I get there...I have a great time making fun of the fat chicks wearing chain-mail armor that is two sizes too small for them. It really is a different crowd, but it's great people watching for sure.

There was a shapely girl wearing chain mail over a black bikini, nice wag, lot's of tats. I was checking her out until she turned around...her face could have craked a mirror...

Actually, there were quite a few "butterface's" there...many confused mideval garb with emo or goth.

wikidblus10

Regular
Aug 20, 2010
elgin
Are you talking about Mideval Times or the fair?

We did buy swords for the boys...Smallest wooden sword with holder was $26 for the pair, plus $15 for a flower thing for my daughter's head.

the fair in bristol ...... i usually have a few beers in the parking lot (they are too expensive inside and i am a cheep ass) and then go inside and watch some of the shows (like the mud show) which have adult humor and make fun of some people walking around that have nothing to do with the fair but think they are actually in the medieval times

Z

Zenriddles

Been going for 20 years. Frequently twice a year. Many of the old timers recognize me and my family. We miss the Troll, he moved out west permanently.

Let me guess - you probably actually LIKE going to downtown Chicago. You have to drag me there with a chain.

It's NOT for the urban crowd, to be sure.

Drink early, drink often. Don't buy the $26.00 crappy wooden swords. Go to many of the shows. Don't miss the mud show no matter what. The joust is for newbs - skip it. Do a full circle before you buy anything - there will be 19 vendors selling the same trinkets and one of them will be 1/4 the price of the others.
People watching is a prime sport.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I heard about a lot of people going lately. My gf said she found free tickets and I was like no thanks.
Now I am glad I didn't waste the gas going up there.

Yeah, free tickets...that's what we thought too.

Go with your GF, and expect to spend at least a hundo if you are there for 2-3 hours.

It all adds up. Pay for parking, then food, and trinkets to take home. We had $24 in cash vouchers on top of the free tickets, and we spent $60+ on pretty much nothing. Sucks to be broke!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info