Christmas came early

I work in a building complex and the tenants range well they are different. One in particular I have been watching as they are a Tech company that designs and builds computer parts. Or they did up till recently. Yesterday I hit GOLD. Bankruptcy finally announced and they were throwing things away. I being the garbage picker that I am walked over and said mind if I take a few things they said "nope take what ever you want."

I had a field day. Snagging 4 boxes of computer cables and accessories cat 5, SATA, USB basically anything that you would need inside cable wise. Water cooling rigs for CPU and GPUs, Computer cases for their high end gaming rig. Touch panel LCDs for those cases. 3 Motherboards, fans. Most of it was all brand new, even a Apple G4.
My prize were 4 brand new bare-bones Gaming Laptops. 18.4" display capable of dual gtx280m GPus and 8gb ram. I just took one to a buddy to have him source all the parts needed to get them running.
This morning when I came in another surprise, 4 resealable shipping containers for the gaming rigs that they sold. ( I have 2 complete computer cases and many spares) They are huge and remind me of roof top carriers. One will end up on the 4Runner for sure.
I am totally amazed at what they threw out. even all their accounting data. I did not touch that but snagged their exabyte 1X7 autoloader. Ebay here I come but wading through all this will take some time.

I love picken.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
American-Pickers.jpg

radioguy6

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2008
Schaumburg
Real Name
Greg
wow, sounds like you are certaintly going to bank selling all that. I cracked open an old PC i was given a year ago, and it had RDRAM in it. I was happy to make a few bucks on such old RAM, but i can only imagine your situation. I would sell more parts on the side but its so time consuming sometimes.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
Once its in the dumpster the only law that could be enforced is trespassing.

While I worked the Rockford Grainger branch the company decided to drop the Stanley tool branded line in favor of their Blackhawk branded line. The branches ended up scrapping all of their remaining sockets, extensions, wrenches...pretty much all of the non-set tools. I put everything I wanted into a seperate box, tossed it in the dumpster and came back after work. I ended up with a bunch of 1/2", 3/8" and 1/4" drive socket sets (pieced together)...6-point, impact, deep-well, etc including extensions...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info