Does anyone know what IMTS is?

IMTS

International Machine Technology Show

images

September 13 - 18

Anyone going?

Check Link
http://www.mapyourshow.com/shows/in...0&exhid=&booth=&CFID=7276632&CFTOKEN=32430314

I will be at Booth: S-9148 with Kitamura

SRT41320

TCG Elite Member
TCG Sponsor
Jun 11, 2007
Lake in the Hills - IL
Is this invite only or can you buy tickets?

anyone can go

A company we do IT support for, Kitagawa-Northtech has a booth every year. They specialize in manufacturing workholding chucks. Carls and SRT...did you guys work for the Mazak on Commerce road? Mazak is right across the street from them.

negetive - thats our parent/sister company - we were on state pkwy - block or two south - but now we are at Randall/90

KAR

Rip Riski
Jan 4, 2010
Elk Grove
but now we are at Randall/90

Like four/five months ago as I was driving down 90 I looked over and was like "holy shit I didn't know mazak had a building in the Chicago land", from the highway the place looks brand new and nice.

Also DMG/Mori Seiki just had a open house not to long ago as they just teamed up on there equipment. They also are right off of 90 and close to barrington road.

Like four/five months ago as I was driving down 90 I looked over and was like "holy shit I didn't know mazak had a building in the Chicago land", from the highway the place looks brand new and nice.

Also DMG/Mori Seiki just had a open house not to long ago as they just teamed up on there equipment. They also are right off of 90 and close to barrington road.

I worked for Mori Seiki as well. I got laid off in November of 08 right after the last IMTS show. They spent big bucks on that new building. DMG and Mori had to lay a lot of people off so they could do that merger. Unfortunately I was one of them. My wife was 7 months pregnant and I almost got physically sick the moment they broke the news to me.

OK so hears the deal with me:
I started in machine tool back in 97. I moved from Pittsburgh hear to Chicago because MC Machinery Systems ( Mitsubishi ) in Wood dale hired me. I worked on there Co2 laser equipment for a few years. I then switched manufactures and left Mitsubishi and went to work for Mazak. I worked on there Co2 lasers. This was in 2000. Worked with them for a year and then quit, I was having marriage problems because I traveled 100% for 5 years straight. This is no way for a young married couple to live. I went to work for Canon Business Solutions fixing copiers. I was there for 5 years. Found Mori Seiki through a head hunter and got that job. Worked for Mori Seiki for 3 years and got laid off right before the DMG merger. Went back to Canon the same day I got laid off because my wife was pregnant and I was desperate. Worked back at Canon for a year while still looking for a better paying job. Found a job working on the huge wind turbines you see in corn fields. I got laid off because I knocked this kid out because he was shit talking. I was laid off for 4 months and just yesterday I back into the machine tool industry with Kitamura. So I'm back where I belong.

Sorry so long. I felt like I had to explain my history of how I am involved with IMTS. I have worked the IMTS for Mitsubishi, Mazak, Mor twice and this year it will be Kitamura

lol crazyness - you want back in the biz and I want out of it...lol - I'm so sick of travelsing!!!!

I'm done traveling. I got me a nice cozy office gig, with a view, and a coffee maker. I do like all the excitement of the IMTS. A lot of people hate all the long hours preparing for the show. I always thought it was fun because I got to do something different.

So do you still work for Mazak? or is it Panasonic?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info