Ken Block's Gymkhana THREE part 1 tease

JDHedman

" The Remote Start Guy "
Jun 5, 2009
Algonquin
http://www.youtube.com/user/DCshoesFILM#p/u/0/EYUSlnXcYeU

embed fail

The long awaited countdown to rally superstar Ken Block's Gymkhana 3 video has ended, and what was revealed today is a music video featuring a hip-hop group named The Cool Kids, with a little bit of Ken Block and his rally Fiesta sprinkled in.

Unlike the last two Gymkhana videos, which became instant YouTube sensations thanks to non-stop footage of Block doing amazing stunts behind the wheel of his rally Subaru Impreza WRX STI hatchback, Gymkhana 3: Part 1 is a straight up music video informercial that shows off Block's DC apparel and products more than his driving skill. When we do see the rally Fiesta in its Gymkhana debut, Block is either doing donuts or driving it directly into – and not around – things like paint cans and fluorescent bulbs.

We contacted Ken Block's crew to see what the deal is, and were told that the plan is to separate the marketing from what the kids really want, which is footage of Block doing things with a car that prove he's superhuman behind the wheel. So Part 1 of Gymkhana 3 is the one with the marketing message, while Part 2 we're told will be much more like Gymkhana 1 with just the driving footage. When we asked when we can expect Gymkhana 3: Part 2 to drop, early-to-mid September was the answer.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
except for the part that he actually made a name for himself doing this, whereas being a rally car driver wouldnt bring much to him at all...
If you say so. He's going to sell dc shit regardless of gymkana videos (and he started doing it to practice for rally). Right now he's got a paid ride (most of it not by him) in both wrc and rally America and he sucks ass at it. He's just making the usa look more like fools to the racing world.

Though I think his Internet popularity is what got him into wrc. They should have offered it to pastrana....at least he's won before

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
If you say so. He's going to sell dc shit regardless of gymkana videos (and he started doing it to practice for rally). Right now he's got a paid ride (most of it not by him) in both wrc and rally America and he sucks ass at it. He's just making the usa look more like fools to the racing world.

Though I think his Internet popularity is what got him into wrc. They should have offered it to pastrana....at least he's won before

im not saying that... no shit dcshoes shit would still sell, but at the same time, this shit only helps- there is so much brand equity in this to DC its genius, fuck everytime i go out i see some dork in a BLOCK 40$ dc tshirt... but what is ford, monster, and whatever other sponsors paying him to go fuck around in a car... before these videos- maaaaaaanny many many many people would not be able to name just one rally car driver, myself included, but oh look, guess what i can do now.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Congrats. You can name one of the worst out there.

And by many many many people you mean people state side right? Rally is huge in every other country but here.

who the fuck cares if he is the worst- he's actually making a name for it... the vids showed up and oh look, a variant of it hits the x games... you cannot deny the positive things he is bringing to the table for rally.

did you just use the word stateside? go play some FĂştbol foreign boy.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
I'm not even sure what were arguing :rofl:

He's made the US look pathetic in world rally, that's about all. He has yet to even finish a full day. :picard:

I think the video above is kinda lame as both a showcase of car control or as an advertisement. Ran into a ladder? Dripped some paint on a shoe? Worst teaser video ever.

99PONTIACGP

TCG Elite Member
Oct 3, 2008
Chicago
Real Name
Mike
:megafacepalm:

but you watched it didnt you?

you know what it is dont you?

so did 25k people since yesterday...

to me. sounds like the advertising thing worked. it doesnt matter that the video sucked. you watched it. end of story.

... AND your still discussing it. Mission accomplished with the marketing department.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
... AND your still discussing it. Mission accomplished with the marketing department.

fucking :werd:

Cause it was posted here. I didn't actively go look for it :dunno: I also didn't buy any dc products because of it......

no shit sherlock. but it got spoken about, and the dc name got talked about, along with monster, and ford... mission accomplished in a marketing sense.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info