PS3 has been hacked...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im getting worn out from all this modded console business. Trying to get shit done is proving a bit difficult for me it seems. :rofl: Or once I get things settled, something happens and I am back at square 1. I cant even put CFW on my new PSP cause I have a fat battery and not a slim/3K battery.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Im getting worn out from all this modded console business. Trying to get shit done is proving a bit difficult for me it seems. :rofl: Or once I get things settled, something happens and I am back at square 1. I cant even put CFW on my new PSP cause I have a fat battery and not a slim/3K battery.

What model psp do you have? I dont know about 3k's but fat batterys will work on 2000's (including pandoras).

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
theres much discussion regarding this and its not 100% proven as you cant tell if the system is a dev system or not. if it is, this is completely proven false.

a standard, sold in stores, ps3 will not boot files from a usb. only dev kits can do that which is still the debate of whether this is true or not. also, if this is proven true expect to see a update that will negate it soon enough.

either way, i got a modded 360, ill stick with that, i like to support sony more than M$

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
as expected, this will be a very short lived hack, if its even possible in the first place still remains to be seen regardless

Yesterday, Sony Computer Entertainment Australia was granted a temporary injunction by the nation's Federal Court to block the importation and sale of the new PS3 modchips.

The injunction means that until August 31, none of the modchip's Australian distributors will be able to import, sell or otherwise offload the devices. What's more, they have to take all the stock they already have and leave them with Sony's solicitors until the August 31 deadline passes.

Sony has from now until August 31 to convince the courts that the injunction becomes a more permanent arrangement (temporary injunctions are designed to maintain the "status quo" until a matter can be settled). If they succeed, it'll mean the end of legal sales of the device in Australia, but if they fail, then once September 1 rolls around the chips will be able to go on sale.

This is an interesting development, since a 2005 Supreme Court ruling determined that the sale of modchips was legal in Australia (though Nintendo was recently successful in banning the R4). We've contacted Sony to see how they managed to get around this, and will update if we hear back.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Freebeer187
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list