Whining Hawk Fans

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Dear Blackhawk's Whiners,

Quit bitching about a "fire sale" on the Hawks, we signed 2 bad contracts 2 years ago and it put us in some Cap hell. But hey we have held onto our core players and we have accomplished the ultimate goal in hockey, WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not think anybody in this town has any reason to complain considering how the other sports teams in this city have been performing. Let's not forget the fact that the Hawks will be very good for many years to come and we have an extremely deep talent pool developing. So please leave the bitching to your wife or girlfriend at home, the end is not near.

Sincerely,

Greasy

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
:werd: im so sick of hearing it from the casuals crying. but then again, alot of them just started watching hockey when the playoffs started im sure so they dont understand the sport or how a salary cap works.

everyone does seem to forget we just won the stanley cup...... that isnt exactly something that happens on a regular basis for most nhl teams. losing 8 or so players, most of which wont have a huge impact at all in the end wont cause any long term issues. i for one am happy to see some of the young players they are bringing up for this season cause i want to see how they perform.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
But Byfuglien was so good!!! Most of the people that left can easily be replaced by other people. I'm just sick of people actually thinking Buff was good when in fact he had a negative impact on the team during the regular season.

YoushallgoFo

TCG Elite Member
Dec 26, 2008
Dear Blackhawk's Whiners,

Quit bitching about a "fire sale" on the Hawks, we signed 2 bad contracts 2 years ago and it put us in some Cap hell. But hey we have held onto our core players and we have accomplished the ultimate goal in hockey, WINNING THE STANLEY CUP!!!!!!!!!!!! I do not think anybody in this town has any reason to complain considering how the other sports teams in this city have been performing. Let's not forget the fact that the Hawks will be very good for many years to come and we have an extremely deep talent pool developing. So please leave the bitching to your wife or girlfriend at home, the end is not near.

Sincerely,

Greasy

Theres only one shitty baseball team though. Last Time I looked the Sox were in first.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
outside of niemi, who may turn out to be "just a guy" since he wont have our D in front of him.....Ladd is probably the one guy who will be missed the most.

lots of young talent this year, and with our captain they should be just fine

i dont expect him to do nearly as well without the hawks D in front of him. gotta remember the hawks were always near the top in shots on goal and always near the bottom on shots against. their D really made alot less work for the goalie in alot of games throughout the season and playoffs. we shall soon see though.

and agreed when it comes to ladd. hes really the only person i woulda liked to have kept. versteeg woulda been nice to see stay just cause id like to see him turn into the player he could be... the one who doesnt get overly fancy with the puck and turn it over at bad times. once he learns to be smarter with the puck, he will become a very good player. shame we will likely miss that

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
you guys listen to the score at all ?? lots of hawk talk this morning on mulley and hanley

tim sassone from the daily herald and another guy named tim from a dallas paper....both seem to have confidence in Marty....

lots of ignorant hawk fans calling up saying this is a salary dump and asking why they wont pay our players who got us to the cup......doesnt any one listen to the facts ?

geez us christ !

stan bowman will be on @ 940 with the danny mac show
670 am

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
the nhl's cap is pretty rough, even if they bought out his contract / send him down to the minors, his cap comes off the books, even with this, they were still right up against the cap.

they have to leave a little wiggle room in case they have to call someone up from the minors.
if they have 59 mil even on the cap and have to bring up a guy who makes 200K more than the injured player..... then the hawks cap is actually now 59.2 mil

so they cant go over 59.4 - at any point during the season

Freestylinjim86

Fuck me? Fuck YOU!
Nov 15, 2009
Schaumburg
Why don't they buy out huets contract and free up cap space???

All of the cap figurings and signings so far have been done with Huet's salary "off the books" essentially.

Officially, they have yet to move him, but his $5.6million is already an afterthought for the cap this year. He will be in the AHL or bought out and sent to Europe. Either way, he WON'T be on the roster this year. We got a 10 year veteran, 3 time all star for $1 million....we could NEVER justify paying a 2nd year tender, or a backup guy with mediocre talent $2.75million or $6 million respectively.

May not be able to run away with the Cup this year, but we will still be heavy contenders. I have a feeling Turco with our D in front of him is going to be THE SHIT. Also, to have a goalie that can actually play the puck and get it moving to our guys even faster...Going to be seeing LOTS more breakaways and odd man rushes this year me thinks.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
May not be able to run away with the Cup this year, but we will still be heavy contenders. I have a feeling Turco with our D in front of him is going to be THE SHIT. Also, to have a goalie that can actually play the puck and get it moving to our guys even faster...Going to be seeing LOTS more breakaways and odd man rushes this year me thinks.

thats what im most interested in and like about turco, hes puck moving ability. he can toss that puck up the wings with the best of them and turn nothing into a odd man rush like that. just gotta be sure he doesnt do some of the stupid moves he had in dallas from time to time last few years. he coughed up the puck a few times that really burned him.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info