Speed/traffic sensors???

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
To evaluate the effectiveness of the mobile radar speed display signs in construction zones, MTO is using them in conjunction with surface mounted sensors. The sensors are easily installed in the centre of a lane and collect data for up to two weeks on a single charge. Vehicle speed, classification, date"/"time, and traffic volumes are collected by the sensors connect and conveniently uploaded to a laptop computer. For this study, data is being collected first without signs, then with various configurations of sign placement and enforcement.

nifty

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
I've noticed these black things in the road the last few weeks in Schaumburg and a few other cities.

Yep ... noticed some be placed on Hillcrest, just west of Roselle Rd, recently.

And ... noticed some along IL RT 58 between Elgin and Schaumburg ... at first in a couple different places, but then some of them disappeared in a day or so.

Seems like everytime I see these, road construction follows.......ugh.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Believe half of what you see" ... Marvin Gaye ... 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'

Oreif

Crazy Little Child
Oct 17, 2008
Schaumburg
Yep ... noticed some be placed on Hillcrest, just west of Roselle Rd, recently.

And ... noticed some along IL RT 58 between Elgin and Schaumburg ... at first in a couple different places, but then some of them disappeared in a day or so.

Seems like everytime I see these, road construction follows.......ugh.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Believe half of what you see" ... Marvin Gaye ... 'I Heard It Through The Grapevine'

SHHHH, That is the master plan. Record traffic flow, If it's good, Start doing construction on it so everyone has to slow down. ;)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info