Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
*This thread could contain spoilers as time goes on.*

Wow. Just got back from seeing it. I was blown away. My brain got a serious workout. But luckily as long as you pay attention to the dialogue, you can follow along. Highly recommend.

Nolan ftw. Leo too. I couldn't see anyone else playing his character. Superb acting all around. Ellen Page was an excellent casting choice. She has really matured as an actress since Juno (which i enjoyed).

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Saw it yesterday. Thought it was pretty cool and complex but still easily followed. I felt they filled you in on everything at the right times.

I also think it ended in real life because he saw his kids faces and the top started to wobble as if it was going to fall.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
so does anyone else think Leo could have performed self-inception?

the more i think about it, the more there is to actually wonder :rofl:

fuck, ill need to see this again.

:werd:

It really depends on what happened in that final scene when he was talking to the OLD version of the asian guy... who also happened to have a pistol. If he shot Leo.... then he would have been hosed - lost in the dream world again for however long.

It never DID fall tho, Joel... I don't think Leo made it back personally.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Well I figured seito (Asian guy right?) "died" in the middle of the snow dream (3rd) so he went into limbo and "lived" out his life for say 30 years. Cobb didn't show up into limbo till near the end.

At the end when they're sitting across from each other both seito realize they're both in limbo but I can't decide if they killed each other or if by realizing they're in limbo OR that the sedative wore off. (I believe in the beginning when in the warehouse the chemist says something about you'd be stuck in limbo till it wears off; 10 hours real time 50 years limbo time)

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
OK, I was half asleep when I saw this (not a good idea) but somebody correct me if I'm wrong. If 5 minutes is equivalent to an hour in a dream, and this gets compounded with each level, that means each dream goes faster 20 fold. For instance..... 5 minutes in RL = 1 hour 1st level = 20 hours 2nd level = 17 days 3rd level = 333 days in Limbo (4th level)

Now, Saito died in the 1st level. Let's say he was dead for 1 hour in the 2nd level, this would have aged him only 333 days in the 4th level. If he was dead for a full day in the 2nd level, he'd be 24 years older, approximetly. Cobb died in the 3rd level, and thus would age only 20 times faster in the 4th level as where Saito was aging (20X20X20) 8000 times faster. My question is, how do you get out of Limbo? Leo and Mal got out by commiting suicide, but they weren't in deep sedation? Can you still escape limbo by simply killing yourself? If this is true, what's so scarey about limbo?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info