Owner says his classic Olds 88 carjacked on Ike

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
The owner of a classic 1975 convertible told police two men in a van stole his car on the Eisenhower Expressway early this morning.

The man said he was heading east in his red and white Oldsmobile Delta 88 -- with 24-inch rims -- when he pulled over on the right shoulder near Independence Boulevard to check a possible problem with the car, according to Illinois State Police.

A green minivan soon pulled up, and two men jumped out and demanded the Oldsmobile, plus the man's gold chain and some money. State police said one of the men was carrying a blue steel revolver.

One of the men took off in the Oldsmobile while the other fled in the minivan. The owner of the Oldsmobile wasn't hurt.

The men in the van were described as around 25 years old and African-American. One of them clean-shaven with glasses, and was wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt, state police said.

The other suspect, who had the gun, had a beard and was also wearing the dark-hooded sweatshirt.

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/10/owner-of-classic-auto-carjacked-on-eisenhower-expy.html

:rofl:

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
So, this mini van is just driving by and saw the ca ron the side of the expressway and decided to steal it? what would have happned if it was really broke down?

They were probably following him to find out where it's parked, the fact the guy pulled over just gave them an opportunity.

That's why I tell people to turn down their car stereos several miles before they get home. You eventually WILL get followed home...and the following morning will have no stereo. It has happened to me when I used to have nice systems in my cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info