Iphone 3Gs

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Not yet an option out of the box....you can do it if you revert to the previous update plus add a file.

Ahh. Whatev. Im not too interested in it as of now. When I need it, then Ill use it.

I can now send MMSs without having it lag out cause every iphone owner and their mother was sending them just cause they could. :rofl:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Does anyone know if the new Iphone 3gs can be teathered to a laptop for sharing internet out the box?

If you have carrier file 4.0, you can tether for free. (just go to help.benm.at/help.php on the iphone's web browser). You download a file and you're able to tether for free.

If you have the most recent up to date carrier file (5.5 ipcc) then ATT can tell if you're tethering or not more easily. The only other way they can tell if you're tethering is by the headers on the data packets sent and received.

I've had it working, but then I updated to the 5.1 ipcc (carrier file) to get MMS BEFORE it came out.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I dunno if he still checks his account on here, but PM "Ricky."

He is an iPhone genius and will be able to answer your question.

It just kind of depends on a few things. He CAN do it out of the box no problem. As long as he uses a certain ipcc (carrier file) its possible. I've done it before I jailbroke my phone. I no longer have my phone jailbroken, and I was still able to do it after I restored it to factory. I had MMS working before ATT released their carrier file (and I still don't have their carrier file).

If you download the newest carrier file (5.5 ipcc) then it hides some settings you can change. People reported that it messed up visual voicemail (not working). Easy fix is to go to the Cellular Network Settings and go to Visual Voicemail and change the APN (it may read as wap.cingular). You WANT it to say acds.voicemail

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info