9/11/2001

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
I was on my way to work in Arlington Heights, listening to Mancow on Q101. I remember thinking what a bunch of BS to be putting out on the radio you radio jockey asshat... then I got to work and CNN, google and MSNBC were all essentially unresponsive.

Sure was glad not to be working downtown that day.

RIP.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
I was in the Air Force. Was in bed sleeping when people started bangin' on my door to get my uniform on and get downstairs. When I didn't wake up because I didn't believe them, my Commander forced his way into my room and woke me up personally. It was at that point I started believing it.

I turned on the TV in our dayroom and stood motionless and speechless. I just couldn't believe it.

RIP to the thousands that passed away that day and to the troops who are fighting for giving me the chance to type this post.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
And I found this pic that I really like...

9-11_spelled_out_by_marines.jpg

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
sophomore in HS, my teacher turned on CNN shortly after the first plane hit. We watched TV the rest of the day and the next day.

basically x2 on this, soph in HS, in american government class ironically enough

we had a tv in the room hooked up, only a few in the school with cable at the time and the teacher turned it on right after the first plane hit, then watch as hte unfortunate events unfolded on live tv for the next couple hours

i literally dont think anyone made a sound the ENTIRE time, it was like watch an action movie, no one could truely get a handle on the situation that this was in fact real and live.... completely insane

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info