Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I barely remember the

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Back in the day I stole source code from superford.org and then starting changing things in notepad to see what happened. For W Body Store I did pretty much the same thing but I had shopping cart software to work with and had to putz with PHP instead of HTML.

I did a lot of work on the last site. The new site (as of 2 months ago) I handed off to professionals. They managed to stretch the project into a 4 month ordeal and it still has bugs... Glad we made that decision... But I digress.

Notepad, notepad is what I used. :)

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Dreamhost is the place I got a great deal on. A while back on CV somebody posted a link to a sale they were having. Everything came out to about $7 for a full year. (and you had the option of purchasing up to 3 or 5 years...something like that, all for the same price/month). That included everything. A domain, hosting, and I believe they gave you something else as well.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Those sound like good places to start. Ill have to look into them.

For now, I want to at least FTP into the site and just put pics and stuff on there since photobucket sucks, and I can FTP anywhere. However, Im having an issue with the settings that I need to figure out since I tried uploading a pic, but wont let me share it. :dunno:

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Those sound like good places to start. Ill have to look into them.

For now, I want to at least FTP into the site and just put pics and stuff on there since photobucket sucks, and I can FTP anywhere. However, Im having an issue with the settings that I need to figure out since I tried uploading a pic, but wont let me share it. :dunno:

Can't really help you. But isn't that the only way you can upload stuff with Dreamhost? I could be wrong, but that's what it was when I used to have it. All I used the site for was to host things for myself.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Can't really help you. But isn't that the only way you can upload stuff with Dreamhost? I could be wrong, but that's what it was when I used to have it. All I used the site for was to host things for myself.

I could FTP with fireFTP and see the stuff. I couldnt get it to share or post on a website though. :hsugh:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info