Damnit another "I got a ticket again" thread

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Got one today. Second in a little over 4 months. 54 in a 35. It was on Golf road right by the police station. I was keeping up with traffic and didn't realize it was a 35.

Anyway, im a little over a month shy of 21. If im not mistaken the rule is, if under 21, 2 speeding tickets and your suspended for 3 months. I got a speeding ticket 4 months ago. I completed traffic school 3 months and one week to the date.

For some reason I recall that taking traffic school means you are on supervision after you complete the program.

Anyway the cop came by an was explaining me the options I have as far as paying off the ticket. He then asked me how my record was. I was a bit confused but I told him ive had two tickets and I have taken traffic school for both of them (this is true). Luckily he did not say anything about a previous offense and possibly having a suspended license. Tomorrow im calling the court and seeing if I am suspended. Im a little worried if I may get a letter in the mail saying "You're suspended". Im going to have to do the 8 hour traffic school too.

What do you guys think? Am I cool with taking traffic school on all my previous offenses?

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
At least in Kane, you are only supposed to be able to take that traffic course once a year. I applied to take it when i was a week or so shy of having taken it a year prior and i was denied and they keep your money. So in short... If Cook sees the ticket from Elgin you may be screwed.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
yes, it does take it off your record unless you get one within 3 months. After that infraction you can't opt to take traffic school again for a year or else i would have a ticket every 3 months. Instead i have to drive like a punk and let ghetto chicks in Caprices smoke me at stop lights to merge in.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Lucky.

The point of traffic school is to put you on supervision for a year. If you get a ticket before that year is up, both count towards you.

Think of it as the focus attack in SF4. If you focus a hit, you dont get "hit" but your damage meter is greyed. If you get hit before the damage fully recovers, the damage from the previous hit counts along with the damage from the current hit.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Lucky.

The point of traffic school is to put you on supervision for a year. If you get a ticket before that year is up, both count towards you.

Think of it as the focus attack in SF4. If you focus a hit, you dont get "hit" but your damage meter is greyed. If you get hit before the damage fully recovers, the damage from the previous hit counts along with the damage from the current hit.

Ive never heard of supervision for a year AFTER traffic school. I though supervision is when you go to the court and ask for it. If you take traffic school it is immediately removed from your record.

lol @the sf4. I dont play it anymore but i hear ya.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Ive never heard of supervision for a year AFTER traffic school. I though supervision is when you go to the court and ask for it. If you take traffic school it is immediately removed from your record.

lol @the sf4. I dont play it anymore but i hear ya.

After you complete traffic school you are on supervision. Nothing is removed from your record until after 5 years. Taking traffic school or getting supervision avoids a conviction on your record.

Burtonrider10022

TCG Elite Member
Feb 25, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Real Name
Yes
lol nothing is removed from your record for 5 years? :rofl:

that shit drops off after the supervision has been completed.

the only thing that shows up are convictions.

you gotta go to the damn police station and have them pull your record to get an accurate list.

wrong. go to the secretary of states office and pay for a copy of your OFFICIAL record. it takes 5 years to drop off that. and yes, THAT is what insurance companies look at. in the cops in-car computer the only thing that shows up in LEADS is any convictions in the past 12 months.

01Cobra

Since you are still on supervision get a lawyer and have him talk them into court supervision on the new ticket. This will avoid issue against the other one you took care of. This should not be hard to do.

And also it might be good time to be johnny speed limit for a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info