A Run with the law

What should I do?

• Total voters

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
My dad wanted me to go home and drop off a raffle ticket he needed to turn in so i left my friends. I was driving down whatever the name of the road is and the cop pulled out in front of me. on the next side street he turns right and at that point my windows were down. I saw him throw it in reverse and knew he was comming for me. Sure enough he pull me over. Ass hole about it and all. Idk how he knew i had tints but he was the biggest asshole ever so i was not gonna fight him. so here is what i got
1 ticket tint on front windows
1 Warning No Front plate Fixed in 5 days
1 Warning Verbal for no DL on me

Now this week IL is supposed to be passing a tint law. Should I go to court and try to finght the tint ticket or just pay it and let it go?

wombat

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 29, 2007
WI
So wait, he pulled you over, and your windows were DOWN? Meaning he had NO plausable reasoning to pull you over? (minus maybe a front plate?). He had NO reason to assume you had tinted windows, if your front ones were down. And I'm pretty sure that he can't force you to roll them up or whatever

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
So wait, he pulled you over, and your windows were DOWN? Meaning he had NO plausable reasoning to pull you over? (minus maybe a front plate?). He had NO reason to assume you had tinted windows, if your front ones were down. And I'm pretty sure that he can't force you to roll them up or whatever

Im also pretty sure they cant make you roll them up. If they dont have a warrant, probably cause, or your permission, they cant do shit.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
I figure it like this.

(I assume) they can't make you roll them up without probable cause.

He asks you to roll them up, and you tell them no, bingo, they have probable cause to believe you're hiding something. Bullshit abuse of the legal system in my mind, but it'll fly in court, because our traffic law system is, at its' core, unconstitutional.

fuck The Man, I say.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Im also pretty sure they cant make you roll them up. If they dont have a warrant, probably cause, or your permission, they cant do shit.

I got pulled over by an asshole cop once. When I had my camaro I always had the t tops off and the windows down. The back hatch was not tinted either. Dude pulls me over says "roll your windows up"... So I did and then he's like "Ok, sweet I got 3 tickets on you now".
I'm pretty sure you don't have to but I they will probably make some bs up and give you a ticket for something else.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
My dad wanted me to go home and drop off a raffle ticket he needed to turn in so i left my friends. I was driving down whatever the name of the road is and the cop pulled out in front of me. on the next side street he turns right and at that point my windows were down. I saw him throw it in reverse and knew he was comming for me. Sure enough he pull me over. Ass hole about it and all. Idk how he knew i had tints but he was the biggest asshole ever so i was not gonna fight him. so here is what i got
1 ticket tint on front windows
1 Warning No Front plate Fixed in 5 days
1 Warning Verbal for no DL on me

Now this week IL is supposed to be passing a tint law. Should I go to court and try to finght the tint ticket or just pay it and let it go?

Don't even try to fight the tint law. Technically I believe another law is in effect prior to the tint law. Plus, what percentage tint do you have all around?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
WRONG. If an officer asks you to search your car and you decline, it is NOT then probable cause for a search. He will TELL you 'you must be hiding something, therefore now I can search'. But stand firm, it's not PC.

As for fighting it. If you have the time to go to court, ALWAYS fight it; especially movers.

You can't 'fight' tickets really. Even if your windows were down and you testify your windows were down it means nothing. His word > your word. He wouldn't even have to rebuttal, his issuing the ticket is enough. When you go to court to 'fight' something, you look for an error in the ticket itself (works best if it's a LO ticket) or you negotiate with the prosecuting attorney.

For everyone saying this new law isn't in effect yet. Doesn't matter. Traffic court is a whole different ball game. His court date will be 30-45 days from now when the law is in effect. If he goes to the prosecuting attorney and shows him a copy of the change making his tints now legal, I bet you anything the prosecutor lets him off.

Only if the prosecutor isn't a dick about it. He/she can state that the "crime" was committed prior to becoming law therefore it doesn't matter if the defendant made a change to adapt to the new law (being legal). Breaking a law is still breaking a law...doesn't matter if it changed after the fact and before going to court.

Jakeman17

TCG Elite Member
Aug 1, 2009
Algonquin
Here is my fix for no Front LP for now. I want to do something different but idk yet
barn047.jpg

barn046.jpg

Thread Info