No inglourious basterds thread yet?

moviebuff

Basically, I like movies
Nov 26, 2007
Hanover Park/Bloomington Normal
OMG! Saw this last night and I thought it was AMAZING! Tarantino did not disappoint. It was long, but I didn't realize it was that long until we were leaving the theatre. There's a lot of talking (as there always is in a Tarantino movie), but it's brilliant dialogue as usual. And the killing scenes, holy crap! They were crazy. I think my jaw fell to the ground a few times. Anywho, if you haven't seen it, you should. The humor throughout is amazing too. Brad Pitt is great, Christoph Waltz puts on a pheonominal performance, B.J. Novak's scenes are pretty good towards the end, and I love Eli Roth (he's directed Hostel and Cabin fever and he directs a short film that the Nazi's watch in the movie and acts in the film) and he does an awesome job as well! Soooooooo go see it! lol

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
The humor was brilliant in the movie! My only gripe was how damn long some scenes were. They were important to the plot bur much too long. Tavern scene for example. The ending was great.

holy shit that tavern scene took forever, but the part before that was great, "u didnt say it was in basement, problem one its a basement" rofl

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
heres my usual overly critical review

pros:

the jew hunter :bowdown: stole the movie
brad pitt
bj novak
interesting twist on hitler / nazis

cons:

too damn long
boring dialogue
no main focus on one story. trying to have too many parallel plots to support main plot which ultimately fails

i personally could have waited until it was on cinemax. but i think this is one of those movies that will very greatly from person to person

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info