Radar Guns vs Cameras

Mikes1998GTP

Xenon Powered
Mar 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Real Name
Mike
After living in IL for over 31 years I thought I had seen it all... the police, state police, whatever, they hide everywhere and sneak up on you when you least expect it...

1800mi later down here in Phoenix, AZ they practically lay out a welcome mat and point out with signs exactly where they are sitting... they post one sign about a mile away and a second about 300 feet away. Same thing with the cameras... you get almost a mile notice and then another notice 300ft away... so awesome!

photoenf.jpg

It is hilarious every morning to be driving to work and see cars slow down in the same places to pass the traffic camera suv's or traffic cams and just moments later, tear it back up to the posted speed limit of 75MPH, which according to the few police I have run into.. most of them will let you slide with up to 10MPH over... but if you go 11, your getting a ticket! Cruising at 80-85 is pretty nice!

Any new tactics in effect these days that you guys have seen?

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
They should raise the speed limit here, but make tougher penalties. I see that in other states when the speed limit says 75mph people actually go 75mph.
Here in illinois they make the speed limit 45mph on the damn highway and they let people go faster. They keep pushing it and pushing it and it goes from 55 in a 45 to 75-85mph Flow of traffic.
Then it makes it dangerous to actually do the speed limit.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list