Who has diabetes?

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
I thought it was pretty cool, never knew technology advanced this far.

One kind of insulin pump is a beeper-sized device that contain a cartridge filled with fast-acting insulin. They have a screen and buttons for programming the pump's internal computer, and a sensitive motor that turns very gradually to push insulin from the cartridge through a tube and into your body. The tubing that connects the pump to your body comes in various lengths and is very strong.

To get the insulin under your skin, an infusion set is worn. Most infusion sets use a needle (about the size of an insulin syringe needle) to insert a small, flexible plastic tube just under the skin, usually on the abdomen, buttocks, or hip. The needle is then removed and the infusion set is taped securely in place. A new infusion set is inserted every 2 to 4 days, depending on individual usage. Many infusion sets feature a "quick disconnect" mechanism that allows the user to temporarily unhook the pump and tubing for situations like bathing, contact sports, and intimacy.
080504-insulin-vlg-2p.widec.jpg

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Oct 7, 2008
Manhattan
my buddy has one of those, we always joke when we go to bdubs, hell start start eating and we all get real quiet waitin to see if we can hear it kick on. one night we got drunk and he broke the clip for it, so i had to keep tying it up on the strings of his shorts. those thing help out ppl alot tho

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I liked working nights but then I didn't like it. Everytime I got home I didn't wanna go to sleep and wen I did I had to wake up at around 12 or 1 pm the latest or I feel my entire day was wasted.

As for being on topic. It runs in the family but on the women side and seems to skip a couple generations at that. But it never hurts to get checked every once in a while.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info