GPS units...What's good?

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I'm looking into getting a new GPS. I used to have the Garmin C330 (IIRC) but I ended up selling it since it's to much on the "bulky" side. I want something more profile (slim)...and that's basically 95% of the GPS units on the market.

So I'm looking at getting a new GPS. Help me out. Not entirely to picky..but...

I don't want anything entirely to small. A decent sized screen (doesn't have to be huge, but something you can see/look at with a glance)

Not looking to spend a grand. I'm shooting for about $250. Less is good, but willing to spend $50 or so more if it's something that's worth it.

Live Traffic updates would be nice, BUT not necessary. I've lived without them. Speaking street names would really be nice as well. But again...doesn't necessarily have to.

*cliffs*
Looking for new GPS unit (slim/skinny), nothing to small
Don't prefer to spend more than $300 or so.
Speaks STREET NAMES (but not necessary)
LIVE TRAFFIC (but not necessary)
ect...

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
I heard that Capital head unit was really good :eek:hyea:

abandonthread.gif

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Doesn't tomtom lock you out when the vehicle is moving?

KJ had one that did that....not sure if it was a tomtom or not, but that's fuckin weak.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 760. It's got a nice wide screen, is easy as hell to use, has some really nice features, and I got it for under 2 hundo. Great deal for what it is for sure. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, best money I've spent in quite some time.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Doesn't tomtom lock you out when the vehicle is moving?

KJ had one that did that....not sure if it was a tomtom or not, but that's fuckin weak.

I have a Garmin Nuvi 760. It's got a nice wide screen, is easy as hell to use, has some really nice features, and I got it for under 2 hundo. Great deal for what it is for sure. I'd definitely recommend it to anyone, best money I've spent in quite some time.

it was the tom tom i had... i undid that feature... (it was cordons and had that option selected or something)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info