$45,000 in Speeding Tickets - In 4 Hours

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Gotta be some kind of record.

A British tourist in Dubai may be bringing home the worst souvenir ever after collecting $45,000 worth of speeding tickets in just four hours.

Traffic cameras caught the 25-year-old breaking the speed limit 33 times on July 31 in a rented Lamborghini Huracan at speeds ranging from 78 to 142 mph.

According to The Local, the yellow supercar is now sitting in front of the man’s hotel collecting dust. The rental agency is refusing to pick it up because it will have to turn it over to police and will be responsible for the fines, per local regulations.

The agency currently has the man’s passport, which was left as collateral, and is hoping to resolve the matter before he leaves the country.

1533684759157.jpg

Dubai tourist racks up $45,000 in speeding tickets in 4 hours | Fox News

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The OP doesn't quote the end of the article.

“We obtained copies of all the violations and immediately submitted a request for a travel ban on the tourist…but the request was rejected,” a representative for the agency said.

A Dubai legal expert told the newspaper that tourists aren’t often prevented from going home in these cases, and that the rental agency will likely have to file a civil suit to recover the costs for the fines, which would be carried out in the U.K.

So the rental company has to have representation in the UK to get the money from the guy. I wonder if they can get paid for their cost to sue him in the UK? Hopefully, the rental company doesn't get shafted by someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for their actions.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
The dude ain’t going nowhere without his passport. The rental company has it.

Go to consulate and get a replacement?

Ya, the gov already said they won't hold him with a travel ban. So maybe he can get a replacement or even get his back from the rental place. I am not familiar with their laws. lol

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
The OP doesn't quote the end of the article.

So the rental company has to have representation in the UK to get the money from the guy. I wonder if they can get paid for their cost to sue him in the UK? Hopefully, the rental company doesn't get shafted by someone who doesn't want to take responsibility for their actions.

That’s some fucked up laws. If this happened here, in this country. I don’t think the rental company would have anything to worry about. I’m sure this happens all the time in Vegas.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
He'll get away just fine, if he hasn't already, and the business or taxpayers will pick up the bill.

Foreigners love America and our backwords pussified ways of operating. That's why they flock to this country and abuse us like a $5 Tijuana hooker.

This is in Dubai. They have even wackier laws than we do.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info