"Quadrillion" Tons of Diamonds Discovered

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Problem is getting to them. They are buried 100 miles down underneath the center of the tectonic plates.

A team of scientists made an enormous discovery when they recently uncovered a "quadrillion" tons of diamonds buried more than 100 miles below Earth's surface, according to a new study.

Researchers from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Harvard, the Carnegie Institution of Washington and several other universities used seismic devices to measure the speed of sound waves traveling through the Earth's crust.

"Sound waves move at various speeds through the Earth, depending on the temperature, density, and composition of the rocks through which they travel," MIT explained in a news release. "Scientists have used this relationship between seismic velocity and rock composition to estimate the types of rocks that make up the Earth’s crust and parts of the upper mantle, also known as the lithosphere."

The scientists noticed a sudden spike in seismic speeds toward the bottom of 200-mile cratons, or sections of rocks found "beneath the center of most continental tectonic plates." In order to find out what was causing the sound waves to speed up, the researchers conducted several tests on various rocks and minerals.

"Only one type of rock produced the same velocities as what the seismologists measured: one that contains 1 to 2 percent diamond," the scientists explained in the study.

'Quadrillion' tons of diamonds discovered deep below Earth's surface | Fox News

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
You guys think Musk will go after them? He does have a "boring" company. :smile:

iu

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
Always thought it was the dumbest cultural thing that we take a tiny rock, polish it up, pay thousands and thousands of dollars for it, and then your wife wears it on her finger. Total friggen waste of money!

I still got sucked in though!

You can thank the zionist controlled propaganda machine known as "hollywood" for that. No one bought diamond engagement rings until the movie "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" starring M.Monroe. Coincidence? Me thinks no...

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area
Define a “tiny” rock? My wife wasn’t having any of that......

I was lucky, my wife preferred quality over size.
The couple that had season tickets near ours got engaged 1st, and she had a big ass stone.
He went to that place that has infomercials at 2 am and got his.
My wife mentioned to me several times how the color was horrible, it had very little sparkle and you could see something in it??

So I went to the fancy store I knew she shopped at and said give me the best quality stone you had.
After I woke up from fainting I gave them a number I wanted to spend, and we found a stone I liked, and I bought a basic ring and they built it for me.

It was kind of small, under 1 ct, but damn did it sparkle!!!

For some goof that had no clue, I actually did fairly well.
It was definitely smaller than most of her friends, but it did cause a fight between the couple at the hockey game, so I'm taking that as a win??

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
I was lucky, my wife preferred quality over size.
The couple that had season tickets near ours got engaged 1st, and she had a big ass stone.
He went to that place that has infomercials at 2 am and got his.
My wife mentioned to me several times how the color was horrible, it had very little sparkle and you could see something in it??

So I went to the fancy store I knew she shopped at and said give me the best quality stone you had.
After I woke up from fainting I gave them a number I wanted to spend, and we found a stone I liked, and I bought a basic ring and they built it for me.

It was kind of small, under 1 ct, but damn did it sparkle!!!

For some goof that had no clue, I actually did fairly well.
It was definitely smaller than most of her friends, but it did cause a fight between the couple at the hockey game, so I'm taking that as a win??

When I went to get engaged to this one ex gf of mine, I walked into the store and told them I wanted an engagement ring. They asked me what my budget was and I told them I didn't have any. The smile on that lady's face. :rofl:

I ended up seeing a ring but hated the stone. I told the lady I wanted something better and bigger. Ended up finding something I liked and they had to send it out to get customized. Took over 3 months but I eventually got it. Right before I gave it to my gf, we ended up splitting up. I sat on the ring for quite a few years before I was able to sell it (and sold it for more than what I owed).

Ended up getting something smaller for my now wife but that ring looks 100 times better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info