EL Paso Cop Pulls Gun on Children

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I was just looking at this on social media. I wish he wouldn’t have pulled his firearm out, but those many kids being around you has to make you nervous one might do something stupid like go for his weapon.

I get he’s a grown man, but that many bodies could overpower him fairly easily I would guess.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
It's a shame the cop felt threatened enough to pull his gun. Pulling any weapon on kids looks really bad.

That said, a long time ago I had a gang of inner city kids throw a large ball bearing through the windshield of a car I was riding in. None of them older than 15ish but they were all carrying sticks or other weapons. My buddy wanted to turn around and go back but that would have been very dangerous even though they were kids. I said something like "Are you insane? Get the hell out of here."

That sticks with me when I think about kids being dangerous.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
While pulling a gun on kids came off as extreme, there were a lot of them.

I've seen a group of 5-6 kids between the ages of 10-12 bring down a full grown male adult before that was bigger than this police officer.

Kids are not angels by any means and you can tell those children are not your average "respect authority" types.

But, since most of TCG are experts on the law, what police should and shouldn't do and can assess any situation they are not in themselves, my points are therefore invalid.

/Sarcasm

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
While pulling a gun on kids came off as extreme, there were a lot of them.

I've seen a group of 5-6 kids between the ages of 10-12 bring down a full grown male adult before that was bigger than this police officer.

Kids are not angles by any means and you can tell those children are not your average "respect authority" types.

But, since most of TCG are experts on the law, what police should and shouldn't do and can assess any situation they are not in themselves, my points are therefore invalid.

/Sarcasm

I couldn't help but think of Hot Fuzz...
angle-locker.jpg

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Really nothing more to add here, other than being a heartless SOB, who says he should've just shot them all, and saved us taxpayer dollars in the long run because you know these shitheads are gonna clog the the jail and court systems for the rest of their lives and you and I will be on the tab...

Then when the moms start squawking, shoot them too. Tell them it's because they're shitty parents and that you're just ridding society of shitheads. You don't need to worry about the dads because they're already in jail most likely or are on parole and don't want anything to do with the law.

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Just a few things for what it's worth which ain't much:

1-Those kids could have been a lethal threat, but with the way they were acting drawing a gun was worse in terms of optics. I don't know what happened before so context is a bitch. If they were running up and trying to grab his gun before video cut then yeah he may have needed to draw. There's a good chance he didn't though. They may get a settlement for it depending on how fightsty the pols in the city are.
2-In terms of the REAL egregious stuff the kid getting arrested for filming and then subsequently the girl getting threatened with arrest to the point of him chasing her is likely illegal. There are already supreme court rulings on this NOT in the officer's favor. I'm betting some civil rights lawyer WILL end up getting both of them a check. I'd throw a 50 on it we'll hear about it in a couple years if they don't settle very quietly out of court.
3-The mom is raising her kids to be thugs. Wait till they're bigger? Wait till one of em takes a bullet doing something stupid. Oh wait, a city settlement check is likely her 401K.

That definitely seems to strike me as some billy badass policing though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info