Do people looking for jobs just not read the descriptions?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Mini quick rant. I'm doing some healthcare recruiting on the side (with no money made yet so far :rofl: ) but I'm running some jobs on Indeed for candidate flow (side rant: my account "admin" must have called and emailed me 20 times asking to explain Indeed even tho I told her 4 times I was fine and to kindly leave me alone...fucking vultures).

Anyway, Ive got 4 or so jobs open on there right now, decent candidate flow but some of these folks do NOT read the description. Looking for a inpatient care coordinator, REQUIREMENT: Nursing background. People that apply? Fucking finance :rofl: Account Executive for Acute Care, requirements (among others): HEALTHCARE SALES BACKGROUND and acute care background....some applications, zero sales background, receptionist.

Its a wonder some people gets jobs.

End rant.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
Sounds about right.

People spitballing jobs. It depends what the position actually is though. If you’re looking for a nurse then yeah absolutely need a nursing background. If you’re looking for an accountant with a nursing background, arguably a lot of people are qualified and might be a good fit even without that requested component.

I apply to jobs that I don’t meet exact requirements for but have relatable enough skills to be able to do it. I’ll let the employer disqualify me, not myself.

Spectragod

Addict
Oct 13, 2010
Dayton Ohio
Mini quick rant. I'm doing some healthcare recruiting on the side (with no money made yet so far :rofl: ) but I'm running some jobs on Indeed for candidate flow (side rant: my account "admin" must have called and emailed me 20 times asking to explain Indeed even tho I told her 4 times I was fine and to kindly leave me alone...fucking vultures).

Anyway, Ive got 4 or so jobs open on there right now, decent candidate flow but some of these folks do NOT read the description. Looking for a inpatient care coordinator, REQUIREMENT: Nursing background. People that apply? Fucking finance :rofl: Account Executive for Acute Care, requirements (among others): HEALTHCARE SALES BACKGROUND and acute care background....some applications, zero sales background, receptionist.

Its a wonder some people gets jobs.

End rant.

Link to apply... I’m not qualified, but I can fake it till I make it. Lol

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
I used to get a lot of that. Recruiters that I've never worked with asking me if I know someone that needs a job. I will provide contacts for a nominal fee.

I had one recruiter that just never listened to my criteria. I told him I didn't want to work in Chicago, and he would constantly send positions in the city to me. Or he would send a position to me that would be a demotion.

b00sted

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 6, 2010
I used to get a lot of that. Recruiters that I've never worked with asking me if I know someone that needs a job. I will provide contacts for a nominal fee.

I had one recruiter that just never listened to my criteria. I told him I didn't want to work in Chicago, and he would constantly send positions in the city to me. Or he would send a position to me that would be a demotion.

The best one I ever got was a woman hiring for some sort of event servers.. Like servers at weddings, etc. Apparently my profile mentioned something related to "server administration" and she just searched for the keyword "server" and fired off e-mails to every result she got. Haha.

Other than that, it's usually an Indian recruiter hiring for some totally unrelated IT position in Bumfuck North Carolina.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I try all the time when jobs ask for CPA and/or MBA. Doesn't hurt to try.

I have nothing against CPA's and/or MBA's because I will eventually get mine, However, I have 24 years of experience in my field, working for some pretty big/well known companies, fairly high up in their corporate ranks, so I think I've earned an honorary MBA.

ChrisRac

Still not Italian
TCG Premium
Jan 31, 2008
Gilbert, AZ
Real Name
I Think That’s Obvious
Indeed is big up here and in hotels, it gets used all the time. I've been through the ringer with those fucking account execs though. My last call with her, I told her if I got one for phone call, I was pulling my free ads and giving paid business to other sites.

Never heard from anyone again. I'd call that a win.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
My mom worked in HR, when she would post a job, there were specific instructions for what to put in the subject line of an emailed application / resume.
This is for an engineering firm mind you.

My mom would set aside the emails that did not have the correct subject line content.

DUH ! WTF is wrong with people...

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
My mom worked in HR, when she would post a job, there were specific instructions for what to put in the subject line of an emailed application / resume.
This is for an engineering firm mind you.

My mom would set aside the emails that did not have the correct subject line content.

DUH ! WTF is wrong with people...

I've done this before. I'd write clear instructions on how to apply. Do not email, please leave clear voicemail with xyz in your message etc... If they didn't do what I asked, their application goes to my trash bin. I didn't care what their qualifications were.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info