It wouldnt hurt to clean/wash your a/c this weekend

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
Turn off t-stat,hose off cottonwood/grass on your outside a/c unit...do not spray hard ,it will damage the condenser fins.A simple soft paint brush can remove most of it.
Pull disconnect out to kill the power

Do not rinse while unit is running...your unit will breathe/cool much easier..just a thought...cheers

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

P40E

TCG Elite Member
Nov 4, 2012
My drain hose , for whatever reason , Likes to clog inside the 90 degree elbow coming out of the unit . So not actually just the hose can clog .

It also doesn't take much for it to start backing up . It like creates a film just enough to stop the flow of the small water coming out , and it makes it flow back into to the unit instead of draining out the tube .

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Alright so this did not go well for me.

My advice is to go over your entire unit a day ahead with wasp killer.

When you take all screws out of the fan assembly. Put them in your pocket, not the side of the unit.

Don't do this on the hottest day of the year.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
My drain hose , for whatever reason , Likes to clog inside the 90 degree elbow coming out of the unit . So not actually just the hose can clog .

It also doesn't take much for it to start backing up . It like creates a film just enough to stop the flow of the small water coming out , and it makes it flow back into to the unit instead of draining out the tube .

There's supposed to be a float type shut off on the bottom pan. Mine didn't work because of years of never being activated. After the A/C guys installed a new coil, I discovered they had cracked the coil pan. Water flowed through it into the bottom pan and then over the edge onto the attic door in my ceiling.

To get the A/C to work until they got a new pan, I had to let the bottom pan drip into a bucket for a few days. Sucked but at least the A/C was working. The guys replaced the shutoff as well as the pan.

stock-t-bird

THORNTON QUARRY
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2008
Thornton Quarry
Alright so this did not go well for me.

My advice is to go over your entire unit a day ahead with wasp killer.

When you take all screws out of the fan assembly. Put them in your pocket, not the side of the unit.

Don't do this on the hottest day of the year.
what went wrong man?besides lost screws (very common)

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
Window units here, no fancy centralized stuff. Radiant heat and all that.

We're getting near the time of year at my last job where they'd have to stick a hose on the top unit to keep the fucking thing from tripping off :rofl: Glad I'm not doing that shit any more, if your datacenter plant is shit you're working at the wrong datacenter.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info