2 days near Denver what should I do/see

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I'm going to Arvada Colorado next month for my brothers surprise 40th.
He is about 40 minutes NE of Denver and he is also new to the area.
So asking him what to do or go see is probably pointless for the most part.
Pikes Peak looks to be about 2.5hrs away, and thats probably my limit for driving. Open to any and all suggestions on what to go do or see. My wife and I will have 2 free days to go do whatever we want.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Rocky Mountain National Park is great.

Pikes Peak might get you sick only acclimating that much time, but the cog railway to the top is pretty cool if you dont wanna drive. You gotta get a doughnut at the peak....

Rockies game is always fun as well. Go sit in the row of purple seats in the upper deck, they.re at exactly one mile above sea level.

Smoke a ton of weed? :s00ls:

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
I'm going to Arvada Colorado next month for my brothers surprise 40th.
He is about 40 minutes NE of Denver and he is also new to the area.
So asking him what to do or go see is probably pointless for the most part.
Pikes Peak looks to be about 2.5hrs away, and thats probably my limit for driving. Open to any and all suggestions on what to go do or see. My wife and I will have 2 free days to go do whatever we want.
If pikes peak is too far for you (there’s also garden of the gods which is quite impressive), you should head up Mt. Evans, it’s the tallest paved road in North America. You can either head up i70 (which is easy to jump on from Arvada) and get off in Idaho springs. Or if you want an awesome drive to Mt Evans, you can take Squaw pass in evergreen (still off i70 and then evergreen parkway).

If you’re into beer there’s the coors plant in Golden which have tours. There’s also a neat train museum in Golden if you’re into that sorta thing. Also in Golden is lookout mountain which is a mini Mt Evans with great views of Denver and Golden. Buffalo Bill is buried at the top.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Rocky Mountain National Park is great.

Pikes Peak might get you sick only acclimating that much time, but the cog railway to the top is pretty cool if you dont wanna drive. You gotta get a doughnut at the peak....

Rockies game is always fun as well. Go sit in the row of purple seats in the upper deck, they.re at exactly one mile above sea level.

Smoke a ton of weed? :s00ls:
Cog railway is closed for the unforeseeable future because it’s in desperate need of repairs.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
If pikes peak is too far for you (there’s also garden of the gods which is quite impressive), you should head up Mt. Evans, it’s the tallest paved road in North America. You can either head up i70 (which is easy to jump on from Arvada) and get off in Idaho springs. Or if you want an awesome drive to Mt Evans, you can take Squaw pass in evergreen (still off i70 and then evergreen parkway).

If you’re into beer there’s the coors plant in Golden which have tours. There’s also a neat train museum in Golden if you’re into that sorta thing. Also in Golden is lookout mountain which is a mini Mt Evans with great views of Denver and Golden. Buffalo Bill is buried at the top.
Thanks man and I will look in to what you mentioned. Kinda want to do Pikes but at the same time don’t want to spend 4-5 hours in the car. I’m a Coors Light drinker when drinking domestic beer. So might check that out.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Thanks man and I will look in to what you mentioned. Kinda want to do Pikes but at the same time don’t want to spend 4-5 hours in the car. I’m a Coors Light drinker when drinking domestic beer. So might check that out.
No problem. I’ve taken family members on a lot of tourist type stuff so it all depends on your interests. Honestly just driving up into the mountains is fun as well. Loveland pass is a nice drive, squaw pass is awesome, driving up to Rocky Mountain national park is awesome as well but that’s a long day. Takes hours just to drive the actual park.

There’s also a neat pizza place called Beau Jo’s in Idaho springs when you’re done with mt Evans or driving by. There’s some construction in Idaho springs but there’s some neat old buildings downtown (including the pizza place)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
No problem. I’ve taken family members on a lot of tourist type stuff so it all depends on your interests. Honestly just driving up into the mountains is fun as well. Loveland pass is a nice drive, squaw pass is awesome, driving up to Rocky Mountain national park is awesome as well but that’s a long day. Takes hours just to drive the actual park.

There’s also a neat pizza place called Beau Jo’s in Idaho springs when you’re done with mt Evans or driving by. There’s some construction in Idaho springs but there’s some neat old buildings downtown (including the pizza place)
Wife would like to see some waterfalls. Any worth seeing relatively close?
Just watched some YouTube vids on Mt Evans. Definitely taking that ride.

Bob Kazamakis

TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
Wife would like to see some waterfalls. Any worth seeing relatively close?
Just watched some YouTube vids on Mt Evans. Definitely taking that ride.

There’s boulder falls just outside of boulder that is reopening tomorrow actually.

There’s also one in Idaho springs which is pretty tall and has a water wheel. You can see it from i70 or park and walk a little bit on a path and see it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info