Scca or laps inc members?

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Mar 2, 2008
grayslake
these are very different organizations. laps is a track enthusiast group that has high performance driver education (hpde) days aka track days. there's no racing, and it's all about being safe. there are rules and ettiquette to follow designed to keep everyone having fun and above all staying safe. passing is coordinated with communication, any type of racing (defensive line, corner contention) is a good way to get kicked out.

scca has some track days or track nights, some 'high speed autocrosses' (standing start 1 lap i think?) and then plenty of actual races. i have done track night in america, which is like some intro hpde sessions (3-8pm during a weekday). the days of the high speed ax i believe they have hpde sessions before the timing. they also run regular autocrosses, usually at joliet junior college.

i have a list of upcoming chicagoland events here - https://www.pointmeby.com/events/month/

i'm signed up for the next laps day and some others with my schedule here - https://www.pointmeby.com/2018/04/18/2018-midwest-86-cup-and-my-schedule/

laps is a good organization to run with. usually has higher power cars, and runs autobahn full track on mondays. often other autobahn days are weekends and south (my favorite.) laps does autobahn and road america. they do not do blackhawk or gingerman.

RenoReno2

Regular
Nov 24, 2011
151e038f953974bf6da7629fc37e10d7.jpg

Ls swapped Monte, hotchkis tvs kit, bilstein shocks, c5 brakes up front and f body rear disc brakes. Ordered some 18x9’s for it, few more weeks for those. I’m going to give it a shot with that setup for now. If I like it I’ll go deeper into the setup with coilovers. Deciding on tires still, I’m looking at firehawk Indy 500 for now. Like I said, if I like it I’ll go full race tires and deeper into build. I do regret going auto and not putting a t56 in it.
f0e745973ea3552ca6ec23f2e2618288.heic

guspech750

Guspech Superdriller
TCG Premium
Jan 23, 2010
North Aurora
151e038f953974bf6da7629fc37e10d7.jpg

Ls swapped Monte, hotchkis tvs kit, bilstein shocks, c5 brakes up front and f body rear disc brakes. Ordered some 18x9’s for it, few more weeks for those. I’m going to give it a shot with that setup for now. If I like it I’ll go deeper into the setup with coilovers. Deciding on tires still, I’m looking at firehawk Indy 500 for now. Like I said, if I like it I’ll go full race tires and deeper into build. I do regret going auto and not putting a t56 in it.
f0e745973ea3552ca6ec23f2e2618288.heic

G Body perfection.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
How are they from a dog?

Car is pretty much stock just Roush exhaust and x pipe.

From a dig id easily say they are easily comparable if not better to Michilen Pilot Super sports.

40 rolls are a blast from 2nd gear too. Car doesnt break them lose just hook. From a dig its drivers race between me and my uncles 16 Sti from a 40 roll hes history :rofl:

Interstate on and ramps the car sticks damn good and I usually need to slow down to set cruise @80 especially with the GT350 sways and BMR springs.

considering there are cheaper than MPSS or Conti Ext Cont. Id def buy another set of these.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info