Ugh. Just my luck..come home and shits broke. F'ing storm!

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Sitting in the driveway and the fucking garage door won't open..it's maybe 8 months old and I got the one with a battery back up. Fine go through the garage where one of my 4' LED lights don't work. Maybe a year or two old. ugh..look around and the display on my wall switch for the door is ass backwards..After troubleshooting and checking the battery (full 12.9v) I decided that it literally shit the bed. Power going into it, tried multiple outlets and nothing out. No lights nothing. F it don't have time to deal with it, F the light too. Go inside and figured it must have been a brown out or something but all the clocks in the house are fine.
Go to jump on the internet..nope that shit doesn't work. Had to literally reset the modem and router to get it back on. Eh f this let me watch some tv. HA! A big NOPE. My less than 2 year old LG 65" tv took a big fucking shit and won't turn on now.
Literally going to start unplugging my shit from now on. This is ridiculous

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
Surge protectors do wonders. I had a monster cable surge protector I bought from when I bought my first LCD TV back around 2005-ish. Had my surround sound connected to it, computer, TV, printer, and various other stuff including my gaming consoles.

Had a storm one night... And let's say the surge protector did its job.

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
Whole home surge protector /thread
Never knew they made these. Going to start looking into them.

very well could have been the brown outs as well, not just surges that damage all the electronics.. you need voltage regulating battery backups more than surge protectors for anything critical..

saw my lights dim down for a good 2-3 seconds and cringed :run:

That was my thought was too and thats what I texted my neighbor as soon as I got home.
Both of these items are under warranty so hopefully it's not an issue to get it fixed. The $40 LED light isn't but that's not a big deal. If at the end of the day I'm out a $40 light and $200 whole house surge protector lesson learned. Have your damn keys on you and a whole house surge protector.

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I'm intelligent enough to know I'm an idiot.
I keep 2 of every key with me at all times, and every vehicle has a complete set of keys hidden for my homes, shops, vehicles.
1st week in my new shop I got locked out when we went out the over head
with all the vehicles parked inside when a buddy came to take us to lunch.
Never been locked out again!!!

I'm thinking of moving my antenna from the attic to the roof because I can't get all the channels I want.
I already got a 8 foot lightning rod and some 6 gauge, I'm not risking my shack getting burnt to the ground!!

Gamble

TCG Elite Member
May 23, 2015
I am starting to wonder if my house has a shitty ground
My hot tub is no longer working...
Breaker is on. Tried flipping it. Still no luck

If I need someone to put a ground rod in my garage, how deep does it have to go and any idea what someone would charge?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info