Fact Check: Illegal in California to Shower and Wash Clothes on the Same Day

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Maybe our Cali experts can fact check this article that says it is now illegal to take a shower and wash clothes on the same day?

Clean clothes plus smelly person or clean person but smelly clothes?

The Organic Prepper, a blog site focused on “self-reliance strategies for preparedness and personal liberty,” claimed in a recent post that it is now “against the law in California to shower and do laundry on the same day.” Websites including Infowars, Prison Planet, and ZeroHedge re-posted the blog entry, helping it gain attention on Facebook’s fact-checking apparatus. Breitbart went with a more nuanced approach in its suggestion that the new water law “could prevent showering, doing laundry on same day.”

One aspect of AB-1668, and the main focus of Organic Prepper’s post, is its mission to limit the use of personal indoor water-usage to 50 gallons per day by 2030. The blog post estimates that the gallon mark would not be enough water for one person to both shower and do laundry in the same day:

Now, if you’re wondering where I get my assertion that you can’t shower and do laundry on the same day, here’s some math:

An 8-minute shower uses about 17 gallons of water

A load of laundry uses about 40 gallons of water

https://www.weeklystandard.com/holm...rnia-to-shower-and-do-laundry-on-the-same-day

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I'm no expert on California laws but I recall someone saying recently that there is a new water usage law that just went into effect. I will still shower 2 times a day and wash as many loads of laundry as I please. NFG

EDIT: Just read the article and sounds like it may be the same thing I mentioned.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Flyn
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list