Elgin
Ikea's instructions are golden...

ikea-instructions.jpg

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Not everything there is cardboard and sawdust junk. We bought a king bed frame and it’s solid wood, minus a section of MDF wainscoting on the headboard. The nicer stuff like that isn’t super cheap like the cardboard stuff but it’s wayyy cheaper than even something like Ashly which is straight garbage furniture.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Not everything there is cardboard and sawdust junk. We bought a king bed frame and it’s solid wood, minus a section of MDF wainscoting on the headboard. The nicer stuff like that isn’t super cheap like the cardboard stuff but it’s wayyy cheaper than even something like Ashly which is straight garbage furniture.

I agree. After my wife and I spent some money at Ashley, it started to not be well after just a year or two. Then we moved. Its gotten worse. It will have to be replaced when we move again. Not going to Ashley anymore if I have anything to say about it.

Shadow99

Broke DSMer
Jun 7, 2011
Ohare
Literally about 90% of my bedroom is form ikea: bed, dresser, couch, nightstand, tv stand, 2 coffee tables, mirrors, shoe rack, coat rack, various light fixtures, rugs, hamper.

Not one, and I mean not one thing, has fallen about. Ive had these things for years. Most about 4 or 5 years old. My dresser being one of the oldest from ikea, I have moved it around the room here and there. Filled with clothes, and has yet to start to fall apart. Build the stuff the correct way and dont abuse it like its made of harden steal and it last.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info