millenial stereotypes

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
Yeah, he must leave the house when he goes to buy weed. Lock him out!

I know a few families that have worthless freeloader millennials like this. Still living at home with mommy and daddy and they're over 30.

I don't understand that mentality. I wanted to get the hell out of my parents house as soon as I could and was out by 22 years old.

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
We were dying laughing at this shit here at work.

The one guy here has a brother who is 54 and retiring soon. He's never been married, never had kids and never left moms house! His ma is 80 and she still makes him dinner every night and he's proud of it! Lmmfao.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood

The one guy here has a brother who is 54 and retiring soon. He's never been married, never had kids and never left moms house! His ma is 80 and she still makes him dinner every night and he's proud of it! Lmmfao.

I have a friend who is 43yrs old, still lives at home with Mom. She cooks, does his laundry and cleans his room still. He works, but she still buys him a new car every few years and pays for him to go on vacation with us every year. We always say when his Mom passes away, he is FUCKED! He doesnt have a fucking clue how fucked he is when she passes away.

bimmer4life

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Feb 18, 2008
Wheaton, Illinois

Retiring in his 50s maybe he is on to something.LOL. Damn wonder if my moms will let me bring my 2 kids wife and dogs back to her house. I want to retire early!!

Kensington

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 14, 2017
I know more than a couple non-millenials (Gen Xer's) that have lived at their parents house their entire life...this isn't some new development for millennials. I haven't lived with my parents since I went off to college at 18. I did stay with an aunt for a couple years, and it was fucking the worst, I would have much rather lived with my parents, BUT it did give me the motivation to save and get out on my own.

Great White Drake

You used to call me on my cell phone
Jun 23, 2010
I got my first decent paying (55k a year) job at 21. Christmas was coming up, and I’d had this job for 9mo, so I thought I’d show my appreciation and buy them expensive shit. A month later they started charging me rent lmao. I moved out about 3 months later with 2 buddies and what a shit show those years were.

My sister drains my poor father dry. He pays for her car, phone and condo. She’s a millennial to a T!

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

I have a friend who is 43yrs old, still lives at home with Mom. She cooks, does his laundry and cleans his room still. He works, but she still buys him a new car every few years and pays for him to go on vacation with us every year. We always say when his Mom passes away, he is FUCKED! He doesnt have a fucking clue how fucked he is when she passes away.

Jeeeesus, what losers. Sorry but there's really no other way to put it

I had a good paying job starting at age 19 and went to a local college, so by 21 i was pissing enough money away on cars and guns that my dad started having me pay utilities and buy groceries. Then at 23 he added rent to that, so i bought my house lol. It was time to get out anyways, that same year the wife and I got engaged

IMO it's a good idea to liveat home and save until 23-25 years old, but at that point it's time to start looking at places

The kids that live at home until they're 28+ years old and don't have shit to show for it are the ones that are really screwed.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
How about something opposite? My parents left and not me. When I was about 19 or 20, my dad moved to Texas. My mom did as well. My parents are divorced. I've been pretty much taking care of myself since 16 and lived with my dad since sophomore year of high school. When I started working, I'd pay whatever I could in rent and the internet (since I'm the one who wanted it).

When my dad moved, I continued living in the house and took over. After I got married, my wife moved in for a year before we planned on having a kid and then moved into her parents house for about 6 months while our new home was being built. My dad's house is an early 1900's built house and so the insulation sucks and it'd be cold in the winter and hot in the summer (no central AC). That's why we moved to something newer. Now my older brother lives in my dad's house.

I've been pretty much taking care of myself since I was in my mid-teens. Cant imagine living with any of them if I can help it.

crooks

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Sep 30, 2012
Elgin IL
I was 19 when I got my card in local 150. My parents told me they were moving 5 hours south 6 months later. I was looking at buying a town house when they said just buy theirs. I closed on the house and they were moved out before I was 21.

Im 37 now and it should of been paid off by now but hopefully it will be in few more years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info