Where's the tesla fan boys?

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
5a0d93cd3dbef425008b65f7-1536-1152.jpg

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
Further proof Teslas are HOT! The Model 3 is days away from becoming the best selling premium midsize sedan...

And the model S is already the best selling premium sedan in Europe.

Hopefully they get all of this BS sorted out. The cars are seriously to awesome for them to fail. That would be a huge setback for the auto industry if they did

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
If Rick Wagoner had failed to take analyst calls in 2007 or 2008 during GM's troubles, he would have been roasted and fired. Musk's ego is showing here. There's a lot of questions about Tesla's cash burn and lack of meeting deadlines. I'm surprise that Wall Street has been this patient with the company.

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Hopefully they get all of this BS sorted out. The cars are seriously to awesome for them to fail. That would be a huge setback for the auto industry if they did

I feel like Tesla has a very rough road ahead. Once the German luxury players like Porsche come out with their performance EV's, it's going to be very tough on Tesla. Tesla's technology isn't revolutionary and the competitors will catch up fast and have much more expertise in mass production of automobiles.

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
I feel like Tesla has a very rough road ahead. Once the German luxury players like Porsche come out with their performance EV's, it's going to be very tough on Tesla. Tesla's technology isn't revolutionary and the competitors will catch up fast and have much more expertise in mass product of automobiles.

Maybe. That has yet to be seen. That is years down the road 2020 and later.

It’s not all about performance.... range and the ability to charge. So far Tesla is the only one with nationwide supercharging, and I can tell you first hand it is awesome. Until the other manufacturers roll out something of that scale the choice will be a no brainer.

Keep in mind Tesla started the supercharger network in 2012. So all other companies have a crap ton of catch up to do.

Maybe the Porsche will be better? Who knows. But if I’m not able to drive it on a trip and have the nav route me through convenient quick charging, I’ll never own one

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
HVAC Guy
Aug 28, 2007
Homer Glen
I feel like Tesla has a very rough road ahead. Once the German luxury players like Porsche come out with their performance EV's, it's going to be very tough on Tesla. Tesla's technology isn't revolutionary and the competitors will catch up fast and have much more expertise in mass product of automobiles.

This. There’s no other game in town right now offering comparable products. They can get away with having the balance sheet they do because of that. When there’s and apples to apples competitor in place, that’s going to be a different story.

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
The cars are seriously to awesome for them to fail. That would be a huge setback for the auto industry if they did

I agree with Jason05gt below, once other luxury carmakers start coming out with electric cars it'll be hard for Tesla to compete. Tesla pioneered EV's, but the cars really aren't that special. Everyone has seen how high the demand is for these cars so if Tesla were to fail it's not like you won't be able to buy an electric car ever again. Oh, and when porsche/lexus/BMW etc start making EV's you won't have to wait 2 months for them to fix it after an accident nor will you have to jump through hoops to get warranty work done (like the guy in the below link).

https://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/threads/why-tesla-will-fail.107480/

jason05gt

TCG Elite Member
Jan 17, 2007
Naperville
Maybe. That has yet to be seen. That is years down the road 2020 and later.

It’s not all about performance.... range and the ability to charge. So far Tesla is the only one with nationwide supercharging, and I can tell you first hand it is awesome. Until the other manufacturers roll out something of that scale the choice will be a no brainer.

Keep in mind Tesla started the supercharger network in 2012. So all other companies have a crap ton of catch up to do.

Maybe the Porsche will be better? Who knows. But if I’m not able to drive it on a trip and have the nav route me through convenient quick charging, I’ll never own one

2020 is just down the road. I feel like Tesla blew their lead and chance by not getting products out in mass (IE “Production Hell”).

Range won’t be an issue for Porsche in my opinion, as Tesla and the Germans are all using LG Chem as their supplier. Charging might be an issue, but remember Porsche has a ton of cash to build out a network quickly and just recently announced they will build out a 500 station network by next year.

And lastly, Porsche has a loyal customer base. I bet there quite a few Tesla owners that also own Porsche products. What do you think will happen once Porsche's model hits the market?

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
2020 is just down the road. I feel like Tesla blew their lead and chance by not getting products out in mass (IE “Production Hell”).

Range won’t be an issue for Porsche in my opinion, as Tesla and the Germans are all using LG Chem as their supplier. Charging might be an issue, but remember Porsche has a ton of cash to build out a network quickly and just recently announced they will build out a 500 station network by next year.

And lastly, Porsche has a loyal customer base. I bet there quite a few Tesla owners that also own Porsche products. What do you think will happen once Porsche's model hits the market?

500 stations isn’t even making a dent. It would be nice if everyone could use the same stations, but then you would need the large one like in California where they have 40 or 50 superchargers like a gas station.

My prediction is I will continue to own Tesla’s until another manufacturer can prove its worth the switch.

The only reason the leaf and bolt can still sell is price. Other than that no one would opt for those cars if they were comparably priced. The bolt in person looks like a hyped up Aveo especially from the rear.

No other company has been able to make a decent looking EV. I dunno what’s so hard about it. People don’t want stupid looking i3s. They want a normal looking car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info