Anyone ever do a one way rental car?

Ez2memorize

Aug 10, 2017
Hey guys,

Anyone help recommend a good company to use for a one-way rental car? I will be going from LA to SF later this month and some of these quotes I seen were ridiculous... Didn't think these bigger companies would charge a fee for something like this.

25 yrs old, Male, clean driving record.

Any tips or leads on a good company to use? Would love to hear from those who've done something like this before along with a price to expect to pay.

THANKS

zenriddles

Guns don't kill people, 'vaccines' do
Aug 18, 2005
Holiday Inn
I did a two day one way minivan with Enterprise a couple weeks ago from Philly to Chicago. Moving the daughter back home from school.
I arranged it a week in advance and got a 'troop car'. Basically, some cars are owned by individual franchise locations and they want them back. Troop cars are owned by the corporation and wander all over the place.

3 days with drop fees and full insurance I think it was about $350.00 after taxes, etc.

Ez2memorize

Aug 10, 2017
Thanks everyone for your responses.

I already have my Turo rentals booked for when I'll be in LA and SF. I just need to rent a car for the 6 hour ride from LA up the the bay area so t'll only be for a day.

I plan on renting the car from LAX airport and dropping it off at the SFO airport. I was just shocked that the price quotes I received was more than my rental car in LA for 5 days...

I will continue to search and inquire with the companies that are at the airports.

Chet Donnelly

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 19, 2004
Did this a few years back from Phoenix to San Diego. Only cost $150 for a week rental.

56b7c510a8f6f41d058876aa64785c04.jpg
89ef882cc95f6bebf3818c6eaf3e42e2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info