Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
My thoughts before bed, in no random order:

It could never live up to the hype, ever...but I commend them on trying and achieving in places.

With so many characters, the whole story felt disconnected at times.

Guardians felt WAY out of place.

Thanos found every stone in a matter of two hours but its been ten years in the making :rofl:

Unfortunately, I felt literally nothing for any of the deaths....except Peter...man that was a powerful scene.

Peter Dinklage (sp?) as a giant was :rofl: but I couldnt remove the Lanister from him.

Thanos was great. The face cgi was awesome. Brolin was also awesome.

Speaking of CGI, a lot of it was pretty bad for the budget this movie had....not to mention the green screen scenes were VERY noticeable, at least for me.

The marvel "humor" didnt work for me this movie...maybe b/c it was a darker tone but it just felt....forced. Maybe ten years of the same types of jokes just wore on me.

Elizabeth Olson still has awesome tits.

Chris Evans looked baddass in this.

Still dont like Dr Strange.

The end credit scene refers to Captain Marvel.

My guess is in Avengers 4 (due out next year), they will reverse time and everyone will be alive...either Thanos does it or he dies and someone else does it.

The scene where RDJ just stares at Drax was amazing.

Ummm, what else....

Dont get me wrong, it was enjoyable but I left feeling the same was as Civil War, underwhelmed.

Still so much better than Last Jedi.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
I just enjoyed it overall. I do agree they gave him the stones really quickly, I was expecting him to get maybe three or four this one and then the final ones in the second movie.

I thought there were some good funny parts, at least in the theatre I was in there were quite a few laughs.

Atomicles

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2008
Schaumburg
My theory for the next one:

Dr. Strange saw the one timeline where they would win. It appears they're in that timeline based on what he said. It looks like they had to lose first in order to win. I think everyone who "died" will be safe (brought back to life in the next movie). Robert Downey Jr. is definitely gonna die. I imagine others will die as well, probably Chris Evans. The remaining people, plus Ant-Man, Wasp, and Captain Marvel, will have to go on some mission to go get the gauntlet. Since RDJ had to live, according to Strange, he's gonna be the one to use it to reverse the deaths from this movie. I think using it will kill him in the process.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
If it takes anything from the comic series Nebula will be part of the outcome as well.

I havent seen Black Panther yet either, but the theater went NUTS when they had those characters come onto the screen... It was like they had all seen it 20 times and I was the only one who hadnt seen it yet. :bowrofl:

VenomInside

Just Grazing
Jul 16, 2004
SAC/DEN/SFO/CHI/SEA/PDX
If it takes anything from the comic series Nebula will be part of the outcome as well.

I havent seen Black Panther yet either, but the theater went NUTS when they had those characters come onto the screen... It was like they had all seen it 20 times and I was the only one who hadnt seen it yet. :bowrofl:

Lol. Black panther was pretty good. I did like a lot of the characters. My theater did the same.

FESTER665

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Apr 13, 2008
Streamwood
Also, remembering the previews, they threw us off the trail a few times compared to what was really in the movie....

In the shot of Cap catching his fist in the preview he only had two of the stones in the gauntlet, in the movie he only needed the final one...

avengers-new-capthanos.gif

Hulk wasnt in the battle either:
Screen-Shot-2017-12-14-at-17.23.10-920x584.png

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info