Autozone offers free next day shipping, not

b4black

before black
Jun 6, 2008
Oswego
I need a radiator hose for my Grand National. I find it on RockAuto, but as usual, I check local store to see if they have it in stock. Autozone has the part, but not in stores. This catches my eye "FREE Next Day Delivery Available".

Well, that would be cheaper and faster than RockAuto. OK, lets do it. Wrong, does work. Needs to be above $25. OK, throw in a set of plugs for the Ecoboost on there. That's $50 total. Still doesn't work.

Against my better judgement, I use the chat feature.

[Saul] Thank you for choosing AutoZone, my name is Saul, how may I help you today?

[Visitor] Free next day shipping is not coming up
[Saul] I am sorry could you please rephrase your question?

[Visitor] Website says free next day shipping. Checkout is charging $10
[Saul] I will be happy to assist you with that Visitor!

[Saul] Let me check.
[Saul] Whats the part number and your zip code please.
[Visitor] E71082 and SP534, zip 60543
[Saul] Thank you.

[Saul] It is because of the area.
[Saul] When you select them for check out this massage pops out.
[Saul] Orders to this ZIP code will only ship using standard delivery options and are not eligible for Next Day.

[Visitor] That's nonsense. You can ship next day for $10.
[Visitor] This zip code is right in the middle of the country. Near Chicago

[Saul] I apologize.
[Saul] Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

[Visitor] Seriously, that it? You're website brags free next day shipping and you won't honor it?
[Saul] Restriction do apply if you read the terms and condition.
[Saul] I apologize.
[Saul] Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

[Visitor] Rockauto, here I come. :)
[Saul] If you need further assistance don’t hesitate to contact us back, our live chat is available 8:00 to 22:00 Central Standard Time, Sunday through Saturday, thank you for choosing AutoZone, Have a great day! Also don't forget to check our monthly specials here: https://www.autozone.com/autozone/inourstores/circular.jsp

The AutoZoner has ended the chat. Thanks for contacting us.

FN Autozone. :trump:

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
And they wonder why they're (AutoZone/Advance/O'Reillys) getting killed. The only somewhat legitimate one I will stick with is Napa.

Unless it's something I need immediately, Rock Auto all the way. Just got my brakes for the old van today... I ordered them Monday night. Prices are cheaper, then the 5% off...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info