Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
We, and by we I mean another coworker, got upgraded to Office 365 / Outlook from Godaddys shit email system. The transfer went fine, emails are coming and going HOWEVER....I'm stumped on something. When an email is sent, it should should up in the sent folder...technically it does but it doesnt show up unless you search for it and even then, its grouped with completely unrelated emails (but they share the same subject line). I dont see any way to keep Outlook from grouping emails together that are unrelated...it makes going into the sent folder and check for a previous email a pain b/c you have to first search, then it brings you into the string of emails (unrelated to each other) then you have to work within the grouping...its dumb....I hate outlook.

Example: I was trying to find an email sent yesterday morning. When you click the sent folder, it shows just TWO emails sent yesterday. But when you search for the person, they show up within a grouping of emails not tied to one contact.

I'm likely explaining this in a retarded fashion but its frustrating me because there are basically no options within outlook for the web...

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
We have standalone apps for outlook 2007 and 2010...gonna try those real quick.

I cant find anything in my setting that would force group messages. let alone hide them. whe i open the desktop app i have to select office 365 that is defaulted form a drop down. i can select my old outlook, but i cant send anything from it, and ALL my emails from that were transfered over when we switched.

have you tried to contact outlook for help on the matter?

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Outlook is just a mail application, it can be used with any mail system (Gmail, Lotus, Exchange, O365 or any other 3rd party hosted email).

If you are getting emails grouped together in "conversations" which I admit it does horribly and I can't stand that feature. Change the setting under "View" and uncheck "Show as Conversations".

That will show all emails as individual and not group them together by email subject.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuup. Fixed.

I thought I had done this already but went into sent folder, check filters and "show as" was set to grouping. Swapped to messages, all good. So dumb that it groups messages together than are 100% unrelated.

Outlook is just a mail application, it can be used with any mail system (Gmail, Lotus, Exchange, O365 or any other 3rd party hosted email).

If you are getting emails grouped together in "conversations" which I admit it does horribly and I can't stand that feature. Change the setting under "View" and uncheck "Show as Conversations".

That will show all emails as individual and not group them together by email subject.

Kinda like what he did 30 min before you posted.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info