More toll lanes could be coming to Chicago area as highway funds lag

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
More toll lanes could be coming to Chicago area as highway funds lag - Chicago Tribune

“The Illinois Department of Transportation is waiting for the General Assembly’s OK to pursue private financing to build new, tolled lanes on the Stevenson Expressway, or I-55. And the Chicago Metropolitan Agency for Planning, which sets funding priorities for the region, last week recommended more use of tolling to pay for highway projects, including the possibility of adding tolled lanes on Interstate 80 and the Eisenhower Expressway, or I-290.”

Gone_2022

TCG Elite Member
Sep 4, 2013
As long as we have a choice on what lanes to use I’m fine with it. Texas does this. A lot of their highways have normal lanes, and express toll roads.

Now granted Texas roads trump the living shit out of ours. I think at some parts they are 6-8 lanes on either side.

But as long as I’m not forced to take a toll lane on 55 or 80 they can do whatever they want. That project would take 10-15 years anyway because it will be Union, and they have to widen 20+ bridges to accommodate another lane

Kaeghl

TCG Elite Member
Nov 18, 2008
Aurora, IL
there is also the issue of privatization of the tolls. Like on the skyway that one company paid to have the rights to run the toll, they had an agreement for the toll price, took possession and then immediately ignored the agreement and jacked the price up.

The tolls were supposed to be temporary anyway, being taken down once they pay for the road.

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
This state will never stop innovating ways to nickel and dime us...

At this point, nickel and dining has become 20s and 50s dollars bills.

Just as bad with our kids at public schools. Feels as if every week they come home with an ask from the school; $20 for this, $15 for that. Wondering what my real estate taxes, annual vehicle registration, existing told, IL sales tax, etc. are paying for.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info