Snake Spy Finds Female

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Haven't had a Florida thread for a while...

Argo, a male Python has been tagged and released in order to track down female snakes. Best way to find the females? Track the horny males. Pretty clever. Following the one tagged snake prevented 60 eggs from hatching and maybe a lot more future snakes if some of the eggs were females.

“We locate him and then there is another male, and another male and another,” Bartoszek, who is with the Conservancy of Southwest Florida, told the Naples News. “We know what all the males are for, so it’s like, where’s the female?”

The massive 15-foot-long, 115-pound egg-laying female was found nearby. There were a total of six male snakes – not including Argo.

“It was intense, it was a lot of snake in one spot,” Bartoszek told the Sun Sentinel.

The number of pythons, which are not endemic to Florida, has been steadily growing for years. The aggregation near Naples matches the largest found in the known hotbeds of the central and eastern Everglades.

The seven snakes found were euthanized. Argo was re-released for additional tracking.

The female had 60 eggs inside her and most of them would have hatched, Bartoszek affirmed. However, it’s unclear how many of those hatchlings would have survived.

The Conservancy of Southwest Florida have been using other male pythons like Argo to help track females, which biologists said are far more significant when it comes to population control because of the sheer number of eggs they can lay.

1524071600521.jpg

Snake sex party discovered after Florida python implanted with tracking device | Fox News

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
oh you guys have obviously not stumbled across a common garter snake winter den.
yeah garter snakes, very common up here.

Nothing can again phase me.
image4.jpg

No issues with those. I've picked them up once or twice in my yard. More social than one would think.

They also keep the fucking bugs and rodents down.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info