Direct tv streaming

willizm

Very Nice, Very Evil
TCG Premium
May 13, 2009
The Woodlands, TX
I'm using it and I'm not impressed with it. They had a 3 month trial for 10/month so I switched to it from Playstation Vue and it's great for that cheap price but when that ends and I'm paying $40/month i'm going back to Vue. The interface is clunky, the dvr is non existent, the on demand is lacking, and it has buffer issues on peak shows as I don't think they handle the demand well. The only thing Directv Now has going for it is the cheap introductory offer.

I'd say try it for the 3 month/$10 offer but be prepared to switch to a better service at the end of the trial.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Take a look at sling tv

i have sling currently because i haven't had time (well and there hasn't been a time where there wasn't snow on my roof) to mount my antenna

i really like sling... bunch of on demand stuff, live tv, etc. works smoothly & quickly.

i enjoy concerts on axis tv and missed that when i went antenna prior... and now i have it back.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2008
Hampshire
For those that have tried multiple platforms. Which ones did you like the best?

I currently have Sling, but I feel as if they can improve on it. I have both orange and blue package. Some channels are repetitive. There should be an option to hide same channels. Streaming.... They allow 3 simultaneous streams on blue and 1 on orange.... If you pay for both packages, they should let you stream up to 4 no matter the blue or orange package. Favorites.... Should be an option on every channel and show. Sometimes you can't record a show because they won't allow it (assuming contractual reasonings), but give me the option to have that show favorited and a reminder that a new episode came out.

I do want to try Vue and was thinking DirecTV Now. How are those compared to Sling?

Lead Pipe

TCG Sub-par Member
TCG Premium
Nov 4, 2010
I have it since it was cheap when we bundled. All in all I like the platform. DVR is set to release this summer. Also you can increase your stream from 2 to 4 devices around that time too. I also have AT&T internet.

My gripes are:
1. Sometimes it buffers a lot. I find I have to restart the app to remedy it.
2. WGN is not available yet.
3. Sometimes you go to watch a channel and it tells you that you don't have access to that channel, which I do. Give it a few minutes and you can access the channel again.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info